• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Radiers vs Horned Frogs

Mean Purple

The Patterson of the late 00's would have NEVER allowed a QB to remain in the game after what we saw tonight. You bench both RBs for a fumble but keep the injured QB in the game? Why?
Not sure what is going on with GP, but this approach is NOT working. He has been real soft on the offense. With the talent recruited, there is not excuse for this. He is not a defensive coordinator. He is a head coach. I can see 1 win in the remainder of the season.

TCUWIN

We’re past being happy about where we’ve come from.
But patterson was quick to mention how his defense has held kliff's offense to low points and yards 3 years in a row. Sounds like a moral victory. I am hoping we don't lose by more than 35 to OU. I will consider that a moral victory. I'm tired of this crap effort put on the field. As MArshall Newhouse tweeted... anyone else going to get pissed off besides patterson (I paraphrased)? Former players that built this program to the point we are at, are not happy with the effort. Why should we be ok with it as fans or former players that played in the old, bad days?

berryfrog95

Love me some CGP, but it feels like he has lost this team. There’s more to being HC than being the defensive guru.
When he smiled at the camera after the Tech TD that was being reviewed.....you could feel the season was over. Stack of chips gone, step away from the blackjack table.....last dance at New Orleans Nights... man what a terrible feeling after 6-games

Pharm Frog

Some folks need to wake up to the fact that GP has low to no interest nor affinity for the O side of the ball. Never has. He hires it in. Asking him to get involved with the O would be so far out of his wheelhouse that it would be even more disastrous IMO

Mean Purple

I am actually proud of SR for trying to make something happen despite being constantly under pressure. Cumbie’s play calling is a legit clown show.
He is just not ready to be an OC. The difference after Meach left was huge. Gotta wonder if GP was trying to override Meach so much that Meach left. And now, he does not want to cause an issue with another OC.
The play calls are horrible. so much into the boundary and many defenders. With the team speed we have, it should be going the other way.

We just got shut down by one of the worst defenses in the country. We had more yards. But the QB can't secure the ball or handle pressure.

This keeps up, that back up is gonna transfer.

Sonny Side Up

We’re past being happy about where we’ve come from.
I respect your point of view, but I respectfully ask you why you expect this program to always prevail? I still think there is a good football team there. Maybe not. But understand that, from my personal history with this marvelous college, I, while very frustrated, choose to assume we will improve.

Yes, this kind of performance is unacceptable. My previous posts explain my disgust. I will coach the offense better for half the price. Couldn’t do any worse.

Big Frog II

We couldn't block, run without fumbling, punt, kick, or pass tonight worth a darn. Texas Tech was awful, but we were more awful tonight. With a half decent offense, we would be undefeated.

Mean Purple

But patterson was quick to mention how his defense has held kliff's offense to low points and yards 3 years in a row. Sounds like a moral victory. I am hoping we don't lose by more than 35 to OU. I will consider that a moral victory. I'm tired of this crap effort put on the field. As MArshall Newhouse tweeted... anyone else going to get pissed off besides patterson (I paraphrased)? Former players that built this program to the point we are at, are not happy with the effort. Why should we be ok with it as fans or former players that played in the old, bad days?
I have a bad feeling that he is of the thought that he'll just use this season to "grow em up". If so, that would be really really bad.

Mean Purple

We couldn't block, run without fumbling, punt, kick, or pass tonight worth a darn. Texas Tech was awful, but we were more awful tonight. With a half decent offense, we would be undefeated.
Yep. Cumby needs to go. Running backs are getting worse under Luper. How do you not coach ball control? We have great rcvrs … but they are always under thrown and have to twist in the air to stop an int. Sets them up the get hurt. Fastest rcvr corps out there … qb can't get them the ball.

All the throws in the heavy coverage. Not even looking. There were 3 passes where it was very lucky they were not picked off.

Unreal.

Sonny Side Up

Rest of schedule: we have to play the state of Oklahoma, our friends from West Virginia, and Kansas/State. Any chance we can carve six or more wins out that gauntlet?

I repeat: for one half the price of the current OC, I will step in and provide my well-documented talents for The Good of the Order. I have absolutely not experience in coaching offensive football, but what the hellacious?

Jackson

There isn’t a single offensive play that S.R. can execute when the offense needs a play. He panicks in the pocket...throws to DBs far too often....throws the fumble (backwards) pass at least once a game....can’t sustain a drive!!
TCU would be at least 5-1 with an adequate QB. I’m afraid Gary feels the need to play the “stars” in the hope that the in S.R.’s head suddenly goes on. We all need to hope that happens because playing in the dark isn’t working for TCU.

Chongo94

Rest of schedule: we have to play the state of Oklahoma, our friends from West Virginia, and Kansas/State. Any chance we can carve six or more wins out that gauntlet?

I repeat: for one half the price of the current OC, I will step in and provide my well-documented talents for The Good of the Order. I have absolutely not experience in coaching offensive football, but what the hellacious?

I see 3 wins at this point the rest of the way and that’s it.

puckster59

Lots of blame throw around and rightfully so on most cases, but very little going where it might be most deserved. This offensive line's performance has been largely abysmal. Until they start blocking somebody, it doesn't matter what play is called, who's taking the snaps or who's being handed the ball.