• The KillerFrogs

Brawl involving crowd at UFC fight!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It’s an opportunity for the NSAC to set a precedence for other states moving forward. If they don’t do something, these out of the octagon incidents will continue.

Do you feel that football is more “civilized?”

You get tossed for fighting in football.Pounding someone senseless or choking someone out is and has never been the point of football, so yes, I’d have to say night and day.

netty2424

You get tossed for fighting in football.Pounding someone senseless or choking someone out is and has never been the point of football, so yes, I’d have to say night and day.
Civilized is relative.

Fighting is the sport in MMA. That’s what they are there for so not a fair comparison at all. Even within fighting there are rules, so if a fight is clean, it’s by your terms civilized. I would venture to say the large majority of fights, high 90 percentile start and end without penalty, and/or significant injury.

I don’t have stats to support this statement, but I’m confident the injuries in football are significantly greater in both number and severity meaning to me, football is far more violent. It’s played longer, more often, and guys seem to suffer more later in life.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Civilized is relative.

Fighting is the sport in MMA. That’s what they are there for so not a fair comparison at all. Even within fighting there are rules, so if a fight is clean, it’s by your terms civilized. I would venture to say the large majority of fights, high 90 percentile start and end without penalty, and/or significant injury.

I don’t have stats to support this statement, but I’m confident the injuries in football are significantly greater in both number and severity meaning to me, football is far more violent. It’s played longer, more often, and guys seem to suffer more later in life.

There are injuries in almost every sport. But there are few sports where the intent is to beat the snot out of the opponent to the point of injury or pain to the point of having to tap out or being knocked out. If you think that is civilized entertainment, enjoy...

BABYFACE

While football can be a violent sport at times, it is not on the same level as UFC or MMA. It is an apples to oranges comparison.

Football is not violent 100% of the time, but is physical 100 percent of the time.

My reply is neither pro or anti UFC, just the UFC and FB are not comparable imo.

Mean Purple

Copying my post from HASMSP: Is it just me or is UFC getting into WWE style storylines to hype fighters and fights? It just seems convenient that top fighters are all so suddenly "out of control" outside of the fights.
Sure seems that way. Notice how pretty much everybody throwing shots in the clip are mma people who were up at the front. Seems pretty scripted for the post fight. Likely for hype. Meatheads.

H0RNEDFR0G

Talking about UFC fans...

Good thing there was someone with some sort of medical training ... one guy is doing a sternum rub to determine if his brain is still receiving stimuli. The guys feet start to twitch afterward, but he looks like he's in pretty bad shape.