• The KillerFrogs

In case you missed Jason Phillips’s Tweet

Eight

Yes, you said “he probably drinks a lot.” Reference your second bullet point.

Maybe he just disagrees with the current system that’s in place and is vocal about it.

"current system" ?

when you consider oklahoma was put on probation back in the mid 1950's for providing benefits beyond the ncaa's list of eligible benefits including cash and jobs to family members of players and they alone have been found guilty multiple times of breaking the very same rules i really don't think there is anything new at all about the idea of paying players nor the fact that even when they have been punished the system is such that the benefits of winning at a program level outpace doing things right.

Wexahu

Yes, you said “he probably drinks a lot.” Reference your second bullet point.

Maybe he just disagrees with the current system that’s in place and is vocal about it.

Maybe so. In any event, he's pretty good at trying to stir the pot on twitter. Makes him feel good I guess, but it's a bad look and I don't think he's doing himself any good. Just my opinion.

robbroyy

Let’s hope the dirt that could be uncovered here in retaliation isn’t crippling.

I’m sure we bend the rules somehow. Just don’t know the extent

fanforlife

Don't know Jason Phillips at all, but the way he comes across on social media it would appear to me that he's 1) not all that smart and 2) probably drinks a lot which gets his mind, and ultimately his fingers, racing a bit. Just a guess.

He's be better off taking a long break from twitter IMO.

Wait, so, from the privacy of a made-up username, you are publicly shaming someone?

Perhaps he's not the one who needs a time-out from the internet.

Wexahu

Wait, so, from the privacy of a made-up username, you are publicly shaming someone?

Perhaps he's not the one who needs a time-out from the internet.

I never tweet anything for everyone out there to see. It’s stupid, especially if you’re not all that self-aware. Posting on this message board is far different.

JugbandFrog

Don't know Jason Phillips at all, but the way he comes across on social media it would appear to me that he's 1) not all that smart and 2) probably drinks a lot which gets his mind, and ultimately his fingers, racing a bit. Just a guess.

He's be better off taking a long break from twitter IMO.

Jason Phillips hacked my account at 6:48 pm on Saturday.

TCU_91

Some of you are REALLY naive. Having lived in the heart of the SEC for twenty years has become a real eye opener.

If you truly believe the sec fans (especially Alabama ) acknowledges they pay players you ate clueless. I just had this discussion with my BIL who is a vandy fan. He said "Alabama doesn't have to pay its players ".

I have come to learn 99% of the bamawagoners believe it is the sacred air in Alabama makes them great.

Moose Stuff

So admittedly you don’t know him, but you feel the need to call him a drunk because he tweeted something with a general consensus to be true?

It’s more a pattern of tweets and not just this one by itself. My first thought after reading the one previous rant he went on was “drunk tweeting is never a good idea”.

netty2424

It’s more a pattern of tweets and not just this one by itself. My first thought after reading the one previous rant he went on was “drunk tweeting is never a good idea”.
He’s obviously got an axe to grind with the issue of players being paid. Took me about 15 seconds to find this on on his feed. Similar, aggressive, and at 10:40am.

I think his pattern is that he’s not afraid to confront people/issues head on. Not that he’s a drunk.

DaCrief

He’s obviously got an axe to grind with the issue of players being paid. Took me about 15 seconds to find this on on his feed. Similar, aggressive, and at 10:40am.

I think his pattern is that he’s not afraid to confront people/issues head on. Not that he’s a drunk.

Too much sauce, Jason. Too much. I did know him at tcu and no, I wouldn’t let him into a recruit’s home without a script to stick to. Hell, when he was a coach with recruits following him on Twitter he didn’t have the good sense to reel in his political HSO’s - some of which had racial undertones he likely didn’t realize could offend the parents of some of our recruits.

Moose Stuff

He’s just got an axe to grind in general, like when he went after OU for not graduating their players.....

I’m not accusing him of being a drunk, just that the tweet read like alcohol might have been involved. He’s entitled to tweet whatever he wants, but it’s a bad look either way.

netty2424

He’s just got an axe to grind in general, like when he went after OU for not graduating their players.....

I’m not accusing him of being a drunk, just that the tweet read like alcohol might have been involved. He’s entitled to tweet whatever he wants, but it’s a bad look either way.

Fair enough. It’s all in the delivery, and I think we can all agree his is more direct/aggressive than most.