• The KillerFrogs

Michael Collins-I guess he gets his chance now

Dusty

That's THE Penn transfer!

Yes sir, Collins is a smart kid and hopefully he will not be sitting for a month again before he gets a chance to play. Keep in mind that Collins won three state championships and was scheduled to be the starter at Penn last year before he transferred. Hopefully he won't make the same mental mistakes that Robinson has been making.

CountryFrog

This. Unfortunately, calling football plays is improv, not a screenplay.

The concerns about Cumbie calling the shovel pass play a week after that play losing a game for you, tells me that he needs a week to come up with decent play calls. If you can't do it on the fly, then you're not quite the guru we all hoped.
Play calling is never done on the fly. You spend all week discussing which plays you will run in specific situations and those are the plays that you practice during the week.

4th. down

Yep. We seem to have two gears. 1) Really fast and 2) confused as hell.
Play calling is never done on the fly. You spend all week discussing which plays you will run in specific situations and those are the plays that you practice during the week.

This is true, but I wish we would show restraint on running the sideline screen, because it's going to be 6 going the other way, so let's practice something else. And, while we are at it, no more Sewo on sweeps. He is a between the tackles back, and a good one, so go to his strengths.

While SR would benefit greatly from the playing time if he is hurt and unable to go it will be nice change of pace to see Collins. Honestly him playing can't hurt the offense as it's been a disaster year to date. Heck if he doesn't turn the ball over 4 times a game like SR it might even be better.

CountryFrog

How many times have people said the last 4 or 5 years something like "gotta quit throwing those quick sideline passes because they're going to be a pick 6 soon?" We've thrown those kinds of passes probably 200 times the last few years and I don't think a single one has ever been intercepted in that time, much less returned for a TD. I don't understand where some of these ideas come from.

Of course by saying that I've just guaranteed that we'll throw a pick 6 on a quick screen against Tech next week.

Eight

How many times have people said the last 4 or 5 years something like "gotta quit throwing those quick sideline passes because they're going to be a pick 6 soon?" We've thrown those kinds of passes probably 200 times the last few years and I don't think a single one has ever been intercepted in that time, much less returned for a TD. I don't understand where some of these ideas come from.

Of course by saying that I've just guaranteed that we'll throw a pick 6 on a quick screen against Tech next week.

good job kaylee hartung

netty2424

Give us 5 Gary Patterson’s and 10 Sonny Cumbie’s and all is forgiven. Jinx reversed.

FrogLifeYo

I don’t think any are to go for a pick six but they go for a 2 yard loss pretty often

punter9

whew for a second I thought people forgot what that 2013 team looked like and turned into the next year. glad I read this thread

Bob

WLL690927-HB.jpg

TechAdvisor

3rd string QB for Tech? I knew there was one guy hurt but didn't know 2 were injured.

McLane Carter started the season and injured his ankle 14 plays into the opening game vs. Ole Miss. He's out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain

Alan Bowman was hit in the second quarter of the West Virginia, suffered a collapsed lung and was rushed to the hospital where he remains today

Jett Duffey finished the game for Texas Tech vs. West Virginia

CountryFrog

McLane Carter started the season and injured his ankle 14 plays into the opening game vs. Ole Miss. He's out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain

Alan Bowman was hit in the second quarter of the West Virginia, suffered a collapsed lung and was rushed to the hospital where he remains today

Jett Duffey finished the game for Texas Tech vs. West Virginia
Ah ok. I thought Bowman had been the starter all year. I clearly missed those first 14 plays of the Ole Miss game.

Latest posts