• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Mean Purple

Sharon Grigsby's tweet reflects the general attitude of of the most Baylor fans I know.

They've slowly come to accept the reality of Briles' complicity, and the damage done.

Make no mistake - they're still fiercely loyal to BU, but most of them now admit the truth.

But that's just my personal experience...

Go Frogs!
I can tell you, as a person who lived in Waco and still has to spend time there, as well as knowing many bu grads in DFW... that is not the general attitude of way too many of the baylor grads I know. Far too many want to say the Regents falsely went after Briles and that Briles did nothing wrong. And every time they lose a game, that sentiment grows louder.

Unless you have lived in that town for a considerable amount of time, you have no idea what a mental black hole it can be.

Frog DJ

I can tell you, as a person who lived in Waco and still has to spend time there, as well as knowing many bu grads in DFW... that is not the general attitude of way too many of the baylor grads I know. Far too many want to say the Regents falsely went after Briles and that Briles did nothing wrong. And every time they lose a game, that sentiment grows louder.

Unless you have lived in that town for a considerable amount of time, you have no idea what a mental black hole it can be.
I will defer to your knowledge of Waco, because I have not lived there. I did live in Killeen for 9 months while stationed at Fort Hood, but that's not even close to the same thing.

I was only referring to "...the Baylor fans I know." Admittedly, many of them are ministers and dedicated members of my Southern Baptist church, so they are appalled by the scandal.

Go Frogs!

netty2424

Sharon Grigsby's tweet reflects the general attitude of most Baylor fans I know.

They've slowly come to accept the reality of Briles' complicity, and the damage done.

Make no mistake - they're still fiercely loyal to BU, but most of them now admit the truth.

But that's just my personal experience...

Go Frogs!
Interesting perspective.

I don't feel like there's been much of a change in attitude as to why the damage was done, but rather the realization that Art Briles won't be coming back to salvage their program.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I will defer to your knowledge of Waco, because I have not lived there. I did live in Killeen for 9 months while stationed at Fort Hood, but that's not even close to the same thing.

I was only referring to "...the Baylor fans I know." Admittedly, many of them are ministers and dedicated members of my Southern Baptist church, so they are appalled by the scandal.

Go Frogs!
DJ,
I’m not dogging on you, just curious.
The ministers you say are appalled.
Are they saying or doing anything about this? Speaking out? In person or from the pulpit? Writing letters to bu leadership?

Eight

i am going to ask what is a fairly simple question, but where were the officials for the game?
Damn that’s crazy...typical behavior in Waco though. Also, never name a kid Jagger.

some people name their children after the city was conceived, maybe he was named after the umm......drink that set things in motion so to speak

crash813

[QUOTE="
some people name their children after the city was conceived, maybe he was named after the umm......drink that set things in motion so to speak[/QUOTE]

Jagger != Jager I'm disappointed at your lack of alcoholism!

Eight

[QUOTE="
some people name their children after the city was conceived, maybe he was named after the umm......drink that set things in motion so to speak

Jagger != Jager I'm disappointed at your lack of alcoholism![/QUOTE]

i am proud in my refusal to drink trendy, [ Finebaum ]ty alcohol.

Eight

only thing missing from the gym scene was not enough screaming doing reps, the hypoxia mask he puts on after he does his reps, the oversized head phones, and the stench of cologne