• The KillerFrogs

Saturday night is a white-out

Tom Brown

I have a white shirt and I’ll wear it because that’s within the spirit of doing something fun.

A white TCU shirt?
I ask because im down for color blocking but i have tcu shirts in the usual colors plus gray.

My wife otoh has only purple tcu and thus has taken the position, that she dont give a [ Finebaum ] about white out or black or whatever.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
It's not hard to do. There's really only one game, black out, that you don't where purple or white. You're gonna wear purple and white anyways, no?
But they like to complicate it by making the westside wear purple and the east side wear white. But during a friggin game against OU or something where half the seats are their color anyway.

netty2424

But they like to complicate it by making the westside wear purple and the east side wear white. But during a friggin game against OU or something where half the seats are their color anyway.
Didn't they simplify it this year by doing 1 color per game, I haven't looked ahead yet?

Plus, it's literally on every ticket. Game day I pull my tickets from the book, look at the color reco, go to my closet, and pick out the corresponding shirt.

No stress, no confusion. I supported my team. Win, win.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Didn't they simplify it this year by doing 1 color per game, I haven't looked ahead yet?

Plus, it's literally on every ticket. Game day I pull my tickets from the book, look at the color reco, go to my closet, and pick out the corresponding shirt.

This year yes I believe so.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
A white TCU shirt?
I ask because im down for color blocking but i have tcu shirts in the usual colors plus gray.

My wife otoh has only purple tcu and thus has taken the position, that she dont give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about white out or black or whatever.
My bad, I should have specified. Yes a white TCU shirt.

Not on my ticket. FedEx last mine and I got a generic printed ticket like some spare who walked up 5 minutes before the game and bought one at the ticket office.

Plus, I've gotten fat and white does not flatter me.

Eight

A white TCU shirt?

My wife otoh has only purple tcu and thus has taken the position, that she dont give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about white out or black or whatever.

gray is not a tcu color, our nike overlords have told us anthracite is the secondary color of which you speak

Deep Purple

I may be misremembering but wasn’t that just one year where we did it every game? Last year? Other than that I think we have only done one white out and one black out a year. The season they tried to do something every game was THE worst. I still wore the color O was supposed to but I aggree that was awful.
Nope. They've been doing it every game for the past 3 years at least. Your season tickets tell you not only where to sit, but what color to wear.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
People with tickets need to show up. People with tickets that can’t need to get them to Frog fans who can. I’m fairly certain that the team would appreciate the vocal support significantly more than textile hue support. Team needs to win the damn game.
Sold my two extra tickets to frogs. Have my +4 on stub hub along with my other +4 which still say “in memory of some season ticket holder that got relocated during the reseating.” Those I only sell to visiting fans.

ftwfrog

Am I the only one that reads “You wear purple,” like it’s a direct order, and then say back to the ticket, “I do what I want.” ?

Not saying I go against the color scheme but a “please” on the ticket would be nice.

netty2424

Am I the only one that reads “You wear purple,” like it’s a direct order, and then say back to the ticket, “I do what I want.” ?

Not saying I go against the color scheme but a “please” on the ticket would be nice.
I've never noticed that. But I literally have zero issues with team recommended fan participation. Not saying you do, but it's honestly somewhat surprising to me how many people push back on it.

And it's one thing to think it, it's another to actually intentionally disregard it as some sort of internal power move.

You go to a work function you wear work ship. You go to a costume party, you wear a costume. You go to the beach, you wear a swimsuit.
Your kid has a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party, you might find yourself with some big darning round ears on top of you head.