• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Iowa St. Predictions

blizzisu

As a Cyclone fan, I think ISU is going to need some help from TCU to win this one. We haven't had much of an offensive identity this year. Maybe not having an OC has something to do with that. Offensive line play has been suspect as well.

ISU has been pretty solid on the defensive side of the ball. The DBs have had a tendency to give up the big play though. Happened vs. both Iowa and Oklahoma. Nearly happened vs. Akron too.

Unless ISU wins the turnover battle, I see TCU winning this 27-16.

On a side note, any recommendations for Tex-Mex in the Stockyards area? Is the Oktoberfest celebration worth checking out?

Pharm Frog

As a Cyclone fan, I think ISU is going to need some help from TCU to win this one. We haven't had much of an offensive identity this year. Maybe not having an OC has something to do with that. Offensive line play has been suspect as well.

ISU has been pretty solid on the defensive side of the ball. The DBs have had a tendency to give up the big play though. Happened vs. both Iowa and Oklahoma. Nearly happened vs. Akron too.

On a side note, any recommendations for Tex-Mex in the Stockyards area? Is the Oktoberfest celebration worth checking out?

If you have not eaten there before I'd suggest Joe T Garcia's....not because it's the best Mexican food in the area but because of the atmosphere and people will ask you if you went to Joe T's. And not in my opinion but I predict many will say that it is.

TCURiggs

If you have not eaten there before I'd suggest Joe T Garcia's....not because it's the best Mexican food in the area but because of the atmosphere and people will ask you if you went to Joe T's. And not in my opinion but I predict many will say that it is.

This. Outside seating at Joe T's is a must. Careful with the margaritas!

dawg

Allow me to recommend Esparanza's. It's right across the street from Joe T's, is owned by the same family, and they offer a full menu of traditional Mexican fare (the breakfast menu, in particular, is very good). The patio at Joe T's on a pleasant fall evening, though, is hard to beat, and their margaritas are definitely "fully leaded." If you do decide to visit either one, you'll need to make sure to bring cash; they're both "no credit card" establishments.

https://www.esperanzasfw.com/

As for the game, I see a low-scoring slugfest like last year. You guys had a wonderful defensive gameplan last season that frustrated the heck out of TCU's offense; can't imagine y'all deviating from that plan. We, too, are prone to getting burned once a game on the deep ball. But it will come down to turnovers; whoever winds up plus will win. Welcome, and enjoy your stay in Fort Worth (except for three hours on Saturday evening ;)).

Chongo94

Allow me to recommend Esparanza's. It's right across the street from Joe T's, is owned by the same family, and they offer a full menu of traditional Mexican fare (the breakfast menu, in particular, is very good). The patio at Joe T's on a pleasant fall evening, though, is hard to beat, and their margaritas are definitely "fully leaded." If you do decide to visit either one, you'll need to make sure to bring cash; they're both "no credit card" establishments.

https://www.esperanzasfw.com/

As for the game, I see a low-scoring slugfest like last year. You guys had a wonderful defensive gameplan last season that frustrated the heck out of TCU's offense; can't imagine y'all deviating from that plan. We, too, are prone to getting burned once a game on the deep ball. But it will come down to turnovers; whoever winds up plus will win. Welcome, and enjoy your stay in Fort Worth (except for three hours on Saturday evening ;)).

Agreed, breakfast at Esperanza’s is legit.

Eight

i will be the guy who says it on this thread, but i have never gotten the love for joe t's.

limited food choice, way too expensive for a plate of enchiladas, and i have never liked margaritas.

i know people love the patio which is fine and all, but i just never have liked the place that much, but then again i was a big fan of mexican inn when i was in school so take it all with a grain of salt i guess.

Volare

TCU D finally causes a turnover but offense gives up 3 of their own.
Frogs lose 34-24
Headed to 7-5 (at best) - 2016 all over again.

H0RNEDFR0G

We are currently league worst, at -5 in the turnover margin. Interesting note, KU is nations best at +12.

TCU 31
Iowa State 35

TCU with a first half lead then four turnovers in 8 minutes blow it. We try an onside kick this time, but Iowa State recovers the kick.

FrogLifeYo

Man I wish this week would end and we could get to the ISU game...Some of the Stupid [ Finebaum ] being posted on this site is unbelievable...We need a win in the worst way. If for anything just to send some of the idiots on this board back under the rocks for which they crawled.

fwfrog

ISU - 53
TCU-17
Iowa State jumps out to an early lead forcing TCU to panic and unravel.

Last edited:

netty2424

Pains me.

37-24, the windy birds. Whatever that darning mascot is.

My confidence is rattled. Hoping I'm wrong and this game sets me back on track.