• The KillerFrogs

Besides the turnovers, Texas out-physicaled us

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I thought Texas by far was the more physical team. Their OL pushed us around and back, their run game overpowered us, and our tackling at times was poor. Then we were unable to sustain a good ground game, their defense attacked us pretty hard.

We did outgain them but I thought beyond the turnovers that cost us the game Texas was the more physical team. Thoughts?

kidkarr

I thought Texas by far was the more physical team. Their OL pushed us around and back, their run game overpowered us, and our tackling at times was poor. Then we were unable to sustain a good ground game, their defense attacked us pretty hard.

We did outgain them but I thought beyond the turnovers that cost us the game Texas was the more physical team. Thoughts?
I felt the same way. No where near the same intensity that our guys had last week. I was surprised that Cumbie wasn’t using their over-aggression against them more with schemes.

Either way, if we don’t turn the ball over, we still win handily. Damn.

Realtorfrog

Tried too many plays to the outside. Finally saw a team with quickness like ours and outside is tough. Tried to get cutesy and it cost us as well. Turnovers against a very motivated team....2 and we’re okay but 4 and we’re done. SR3 is trying to win the game in one play after a mistake causing another mistake instead of focusing on the entire drive. He’ll get better but he has to remember college athletes are bigger and faster than high school

#7 for tx is really good!

CountryFrog

They were more physical but that's not surprising. Their team is built on size and strength more than ours is. We still had countless missed opportunities on offense. It seems dumb to say since we only scored 16 points, but we pretty easily could've scored 40 on their defense and won the game going away.

SnoSki

OL looked gassed to me, especially on run plays.

We cut holes in the buckeyes unreal DL but can’t get any holes against UT? No other way to expect it because I refuse to believe our guys weren’t motivated.

Planks

OL looked gassed to me, especially on run plays.

We cut holes in the buckeyes unreal DL but can’t get any holes against UT? No other way to expect it because I refuse to believe our guys weren’t motivated.

Cordel Iwuagwu is a big reason for the difference in our OL play between OSU and UT. He got hurt on the first drive against UT and never returned to the game, didn’t even come out of the locker room in the second half.

Moose Stuff

Cordel Iwuagwu is a big reason for the difference in our OL play between OSU and UT. He got hurt on the first drive against UT and never returned to the game, didn’t even come out of the locker room in the second half.

Massive loss that’s gone mostly overlooked. And DA clearly is not himself either. Ross is out, Turp and Reagor have the drops, SR is turning it over...... You gotta have some difference makers and right now we really don’t.

Last edited:

netty2424

When the run isn't working for you it changes everything. We can't seem to work the middle of the field either, that doesn't seem to be part of Cumbie's game plan. OU does this exceptionally well. So that leaves the flat and sidelines. Flat did nothing for us, and we couldn't hit Reagor enough deep to make a difference. Not much left to be effective.

How sumple did Orlandos job become yesterday? Protect the sidelines and you win the game.

Mean Purple

Yep. Linebacker play needs a jolt. With the money brought in, not sure why a safeties coach is coaching linebackers. Should be able to bring guys in. And we have an undersized linebacker that should be running the ball.

Eight

Do we even know how to pull guards and run power sweeps or off tackle power runs?

once again jeff you are asking the wrong question.

do we have guards who can do that, but then again if you and others on this site knew that answer you wouldn't be asking some of the questions you are asking.

second half of the ohio state game the tcu inside running game disappeared and that was with cordel. losing cordel doomed the frogs inside running game and without that this offense is going to struggle with a quarterback in his 5th start against a todd orlando defense.

defensively frogs are still need the young defensive tackles to step up to provide depth, ty summers is a good linebacker, but not a good end against the run. whatever happened with collier really hurt this front when combined with the loss or blacklock. at linebacker i am not sure what else to say .

in the thread last week when gary talked about texas' being more physical far too many hear scoffed at what gary said when exactly what he talked about was on display yesterday.

the reality is that this team has a few key holes that need to be fixed some how or this will become a topic repeated over the fall. part of it is injuries, transfers, recruiting misses.

bottom lime is games are won and lost in the lines and right now this team has an issue on both sides of the ball.

helcap

Yep. Linebacker play needs a jolt. With the money brought in, not sure why a safeties coach is coaching linebackers. Should be able to bring guys in. And we have an undersized linebacker that should be running the ball.
Maybe because most of our LB's are really safeties

Moose Stuff

once again jeff you are asking the wrong question.

do we have guards who can do that, but then again if you and others on this site knew that answer you wouldn't be asking some of the questions you are asking.

second half of the ohio state game the tcu inside running game disappeared and that was with cordel. losing cordel doomed the frogs inside running game and without that this offense is going to struggle with a quarterback in his 5th start against a todd orlando defense.

defensively frogs are still need the young defensive tackles to step up to provide depth, ty summers is a good linebacker, but not a good end against the run. whatever happened with collier really hurt this front when combined with the loss or blacklock. at linebacker i am not sure what else to say .

in the thread last week when gary talked about texas' being more physical far too many hear scoffed at what gary said when exactly what he talked about was on display yesterday.

the reality is that this team has a few key holes that need to be fixed some how or this will become a topic repeated over the fall. part of it is injuries, transfers, recruiting misses.

bottom lime is games are won and lost in the lines and right now this team has an issue on both sides of the ball.

It also might be as simple as our lines aren’t as good as the lines at OSU and UT and it will be less of a problem in most of our remaining games.