• The KillerFrogs

GP might have to do with SRob what he did with Dalton

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dalton was a turnover chef in his first two years. Patterson sat him for periods for committing turnovers. Might be what needs to be done in this case till he learns better ball security and is able to see the field better. Especially since, like Dalton, was have a capable backup to put in.

It just is not acceptable to make that many turnovers. The third quarters against Ohio State and Texas were just disasters.

Thoughts on this?

Planks

I think the problem is with the state of our interior O line, coaches don’t have faith in our ability to move the ball without Robinson’s mobility. We can’t run the ball up the middle, and pass protection is poor. I know Collins isn’t a statue, he can run a little, but Robinson is on a completely different level.

Pharm Frog

I think the problem is with the state of our interior O line, coaches don’t have faith in our ability to move the ball without Robinson’s mobility. We can’t run the ball up the middle, and pass protection is poor. I know Collins isn’t a statue, he can run a little, but Robinson is on a completely different level.

no issue with Robinson running other than sometimes he ends his runs without the ball

East Coast

Tier 1
Maybe the issue is the gap between Robinson and Collins is far larger than we wish to believe, and the coaches have portrayed. If we were going to make a switch, the time to do it was when we got the ball right before the end of the 3rd quarter and it didn't happen

y2kFrog

There is no doubt the third interception was a decision of rattled QB. I have no idea what Collins has, but I think sitting one series to help slow it down might help.

f_399

One issue is see here is next year, a fully healthy Justin Rogers may seriously be competing for the starting job.

Robinson may ride the bench and eventually transfer if Justin wins that competition, which is something we have all thought about especially with the talent we are recruiting at that position.

CountryFrog

One issue is see here is next year, a fully healthy Justin Rogers may seriously be competing for the starting job.

Robinson may ride the bench and eventually transfer if Justin wins that competition, which is something we have all thought about especially with the talent we are recruiting at that position.
I remember not too long ago when people couldn't wait to move from Kenny Hill to Shawn Robinson. Now after 2 loses we're already thinking about moving on to the next guy who none of us have seen take a single snap? How many games will you give Justin before you start talking about Max Duggan coming in?

At some point you just have to accept the fact that there's going to be a learning curve with some young QBs. Remember after the first two games when everyone was unhappy with SR not being able to throw the deep ball accurately? Now these last two games he's thrown a lot of very accurate deep balls. He improved that area of his game. Let's give him a chance to learn from and improve on some of these other mistakes before talking about the next 18 year old who is going to come in and save the program.

Salfrog

Tier 1
GP will not change to Collins. He's too stubborn. Also, how are other teams winning with true freshmen QB's? Does that mean they have much better QB coaches and/or OC's?

Eight

GP will not change to Collins. He's too stubborn. Also, how are other teams winning with true freshmen QB's? Does that mean they have much better QB coaches and/or OC's?

Which true freshmen quarterbacks are winning these games?

USC's phenom got torn apart 2 weeks ago in Austin, oh wait, he must suck if Todd Orlando and the Texas defense got the better of him.

While you are compiling that list of true freshmen and quarterbacks with less than 10 career starts also make sure you include have offensive line issues, ineffective running game, and inconsistent receivers.

Horny4TCU

Seriously. aOSU has been in the same situation with a rookie and won big games. Then their 3rd string won a frigging National Championship... Do our coaches suck that much and Patterson is just being too stubborn to make some heads roll.

Diehard

Just want to point out that even though they won, Tech threw 2 interceptions against Oakie State last night with their true freshman Bowman. The running game made the difference for the Faiders..... Youg QB = Mistakes. IMO.