• The KillerFrogs

My biggest questions....

Eight

I agree...gotta be able to run it better. But if Shawn makes an easy pass over Jones or doesn't fumble we are up two scores late in the 3rd.

It basically all boils down to the QB taking better care of the ball...

there is no doubt the turnovers played a huge part in the game, but we can play the what if game on multiple plays.

remember there were two drives that ended up with tcu inside the texas 5 and resulted in field goals. does that change how the game plays out it tcu had gone up 2 scores and not just 6 points.

robinson must improve, but i don't believe the plan ever was for him to have to win games without the aid of a consistent run game let alone the problems today handling pressure. he had people at his feet multiple times.

Punter1

there is no doubt the turnovers played a huge part in the game, but we can play the what if game on multiple plays.

remember there were two drives that ended up with tcu inside the texas 5 and resulted in field goals. does that change how the game plays out it tcu had gone up 2 scores and not just 6 points.

robinson must improve, but i don't believe the plan ever was for him to have to win games without the aid of a consistent run game let alone the problems today handling pressure. he had people at his feet multiple times.

Yea...but those two turnovers are bad high school turnovers. Those just can't happen.

And Anderson sure didnt look hurt against Buckeye...quite the opposite. I just think the staff loves Sewo....

Eight

Yea...but those two turnovers are bad high school turnovers. Those just can't happen.

And Anderson sure didnt look hurt against Buckeye...quite the opposite. I just think the staff loves Sewo....

on the first interception i really can't offer much because even if robinson didn't see jones there wasn't a receiver in the area of the pass.

sterns' interception is the one where i do believe he never saw him and thought the route was open. people are going to question how, but again from the shot behind the quarterback you really could not see sterns to the left of the route.

jake102

Unfortunately I think we need to give up this idea that SRobinson is going to turn the ball over because he’s young.

Way too many young QBs not turning it over... unless I’m mistaken we just played two sophomores back to back who didn’t turn it over once.

He just needs to be better. And our OL sucked against UT, altho neither of his INTs were because of OL

CountryFrog

Unfortunately I think we need to give up this idea that SRobinson is going to turn the ball over because he’s young.

Way too many young QBs not turning it over... unless I’m mistaken we just played two sophomores back to back who didn’t turn it over once.

He just needs to be better. And our OL sucked against UT, altho neither of his INTs were because of OL
I don't think anyone has said that he's making mistakes just because his young. Everyone in college is young. It's because he's inexperienced. Ehlinger played a ton last year and made one bone headed play after another.

Haskins may just be the very rare guy who comes in and lights it up from the beginning with no struggles, I don't know. He may also hit a 2 or 3 game stretch later in the season where he has 5 or 6 bad turnovers because of his inexperience.

Jackson

We’ll be starting a Freshman QB next season who can make the reads, see the field, throw accurately and run like a deer. Looking forward to the future!

Baja Frog

We’ll be starting a Freshman QB next season who can make the reads, see the field, throw accurately and run like a deer. Looking forward to the future!
Well Robinson was supposed to be a runner but our coaches don't seem to know it. Seems like Robinson may not know he is a runner either

Chongo94

Well Robinson was supposed to be a runner but our coaches don't seem to know it. Seems like Robinson may not know he is a runner either

It does seem at times that he is very reluctant to escape and run unless he absolutely has to despite it clearly being one of his strengths.

BigPurple87

We saw yesterday you will not get away with having shorter smaller defensive backs. Until they realize this they will continue to have problems tackling and covering. I don't care about what exceptions you bring up.

HG73

SR has to sit until he can protect the ball, unless Collins proves to be worse. Object is always to win games, not educate a QB.
I can understand an interception but not a fumble.

cheese83

We saw yesterday you will not get away with having shorter smaller defensive backs. Until they realize this they will continue to have problems tackling and covering. I don't care about what exceptions you bring up.

Colin Johnson is really good, he makes amazing catches.

The difference between our WRs (minus Reagor) and UTs was their guys caught the ball.
Jarrison Stewart and Austin just don’t cut it. Our WR group has kinda been a mess for the last few years. Thank god for Reagor, imagine where our O would be without him.

Wexahu

The difference between our WRs (minus Reagor) and UTs was their guys caught the ball.
Jarrison Stewart and Austin just don’t cut it. Our WR group has kinda been a mess for the last few years. Thank god for Reagor, imagine where our O would be without him.

And all offseason all I ever heard was how loaded we were at WR. Never understood that. We're one injury away from being pretty much completely void of real threats at the WR position.

BigPurple87

I never mentioned wr I was talking about our entire secondary who cant cover or tackle save for gaines

Chongo94

And all offseason all I ever heard was how loaded we were at WR. Never understood that. We're one injury away from being pretty much completely void of real threats at the WR position.

I get what you’re saying but I think a counter argument could be made that we really don’t know if we have any real threats because so few of them get consecutive minutes. They’re constantly in and out. The constant rotation is really irksome in my opinion and disrupts their rhythm and growth.

Wexahu

I get what you’re saying but I think a counter argument could be made that we really don’t know if we have any real threats because so few of them get consecutive minutes. They’re constantly in and out. The constant rotation is really irksome in my opinion and disrupts their rhythm and growth.

I’d like to see some of the bigger kids get regular reps. Dylan Thomas, T Hights, Meeking....whoever. Turpin should never play outside. And I think an underrated aspect of why our running game has struggled is because the blocking we get from the WRs can’t be good given they are so undersized. Reagor, Turpin, Barber, and Stewart getting 90% of the targets, that’s just too many small guys. Don’t even get me started about the TEs who are routinely nonexistent in the game plan.

cheese83

I never mentioned wr I was talking about our entire secondary who cant cover or tackle save for gaines

I was taking your post and expanding on your statement while also relating it to our own WR group. UT does have two very talented and large WRs that should give people issues all season.

jake102

I’d like to see some of the bigger kids get regular reps. Dylan Thomas, T Hights, Meeking....whoever. Turpin should never play outside. And I think an underrated aspect of why our running game has struggled is because the blocking we get from the WRs can’t be good given they are so undersized. Reagor, Turpin, Barber, and Stewart getting 90% of the targets, that’s just too many small guys. Don’t even get me started about the TEs who are routinely nonexistent in the game plan.

Turpin misses at least one key block a game. It’s not really his fault, he’s just tiny and playing outside WR for some reason

Eight

Turpin misses at least one key block a game. It’s not really his fault, he’s just tiny and playing outside WR for some reason

quite simply i don't understand what they are trying to do at wide receiver.

davis threw turpin around like a rag doll multiple times when he was trying to gain a release from the line. reagor needs to be in the slot where he can't get jammed and i don't buy there isn't one big receiver who can't help this team

CountryFrog

Last week we all thought we had one of the best WR groups in the country. Now a few days later it's a weakness of the team?

At least we're not limiting our massive overreaction to just the QB position.