• The KillerFrogs

This kid is a turnover machine!!

Horny4TCU

I said it in another thread, but Gary would have benched Dalton after a performance like today. We need him to go back to his old ways.

SR needs to really think about his performance and get down to business. Bad performances aren't good things, or fun things, they are lessons to be learned and build upon.

CountryFrog

A lot of you need to take your purple shades off and look at the numbers. We are losing games at the quarterback position.

With that said, I think Robinson is our best option. There will be some heart burn but that’s the way it goes with a sophomore QB.

Lastly, it’s clear that a lot of folks that obviously took the Boykin years for granted. It could be a long time before we see something like that again.
Purple shades or not, we're also only 4 games into the season. No way is that enough of a sample size to make definitive judgments about this team or any individual player.

Armadillo

I do feel that SR has made mistakes in the last 2 games to lose the games for us. Hell, he made some in the smu game too.

But I also feel his upside is tremendous.

I also feel he should have been yanked earlier today. But he is the future. And if he doesn't improve on the turnovers then are others behind him or coming.

But I will continue to root for him as long as he's out there. Hope he learns from the last 2 games.

CountryFrog

He is looking an awful lot like Casey Printers right now...
This is such a dumb thing to say. He's had one really bad half as a true sophomore.

I know that we are all upset about the game today and we all know that SR had a really bad half of football. But how hard is it, as an adult, to have just a little bit of patience and a modicum of perspective on where he is right now. He has to get better. OBVIOUSLY. Can we maybe give the kid just a little bit more than a month as a starting QB in college to wait until we give up on him?

LeagueCityFrog

I think the Andy Dalton rule goes into effect... You turn the ball over.... you sit....

We've got additional problems besides QB play. OL issues, wide receiver blocking issues, maybe punting issues now, we should of had a lockdown corner surface today for all this TCU defensive backfield preseason hype. Texas' corners looked better and that wasn't saying much. At least they poked the ball out three times.

Gary makes the big boy money and will get this fixed. Looking like an 8-4 season now, unless they catch fire and handle OU at home. We need to tackle better and quit bouncing off runners.

eh0215

A lot of you need to take your purple shades off and look at the numbers. We are losing games at the quarterback position.

With that said, I think Robinson is our best option. There will be some heart burn but that’s the way it goes with a sophomore QB.

Lastly, it’s clear that a lot of folks that obviously took the Boykin years for granted. It could be a long time before we see something like that again.

You can't cherry pick the boykin years though. He was rough to watch when he got starts his first two years. It wasn't until his junior year that it became fun.

For all we know, Robinson may very well end up a monster his junior and senior seasons as well.

Eight

You can't cherry pick the boykin years though. He was rough to watch when he got starts his first two years. It wasn't until his junior year that it became fun.

For all we know, Robinson may very well end up a monster his junior and senior seasons as well.

agree with this completely. boykin's first year starting he threw 15 td's and had 10 int with a qb rating of ~125

robinson is on a similar pace and what people continue to forget that tcu wants to run the ball more than they throw it. if the frogs are one dimensional because they can't run it effectively get ready for a long year.

for those mentioning dalton please tell me which game as a freshman or sophomore was he asked to carry the offense?

robinson needs to improve, but if you think he is the only thing holding back this offense i truly don't think we have been watching the same team

One Frog Nation

SR was really bad in the second half. There's no way around it. I thought the turning point in the game was that first interception. That SHOULD have been an easy pitch and catch TD. That throw was inexplicable. I have no idea how you throw the ball directly at a defender who is 20 yards in front of your receiver. It was so bad it makes me wonder if he thought the defender was actually a receiver. One of the worst throws I've ever seen.

That said, this is NOT the time to give up on him. He's clearly got an unbelievable amount of talent. His receivers failed him big time in the first half or else we would've had a bigger lead going into halftime. He's very young and inexperienced and he played very very poorly in the second half. But the talent is there. All of the mistakes he's made are very correctable.

Any experts out there who think he shouldn't be the QB are woefully mis-guided. Andy Dalton had a pretty rough first two years. Thank God the coaches never gave up on him. Shawn can bounce back from this. The real question is how this entire team, not just the QB, will respond mentally to two straight games that we basically gave away to the other team.
exactly right.

MadFrog

I am sick of watching SR do something stupid on the field, and then going to the sidelines and smile. It is not funny. Texas's QB is a sophomore also. He did not make stupid plays. I say the Andy Dalton rule should be brought back. You turn the ball over, you sit on the bench.

4th. down

I am sick of watching SR do something stupid on the field, and then going to the sidelines and smile. It is not funny. Texas's QB is a sophomore also. He did not make stupid plays. I say the Andy Dalton rule should be brought back. You turn the ball over, you sit on the bench.

Yes, in the past it use to be this way, especially with RB's fumbling. Gary doesn't seem to override Sonny because GP would bench him in the days of old. Collins? He didn't have a fair chance but still, wasn't impressed with his arm. When you short stroke the ball into the ground, your not sure of yourself at your release point which equals no confidence. Let's try and get to 8-4 with Shawn.

tcufrogprince1

Lets just say its going to be a rough year. My main concern is not killing this kids confidence. I think Collins needs to get the ball to make this a competition again. The only way you get a lame duck back in the saddle is putting soft pressure on him. Killing him in game time is a big killer of confidence if he isnt pulling his weight. IMO.