• The KillerFrogs

New low for NU

Wexahu

After originally trying to get good press for agreeing to make up the cancelled game with Akron if the Zips needed to play for chance to be bowl-eligible, NU has realized their own bowl chances may be in jeopardy after an 0-2 start. So they created a matchup with an FCS school.

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2018/09/nebraska_shuns_akron_zips_to_p.html

FCS wins shouldn't count for Bowl eligibility. The 6-win standard for Bowl eligibility is stupid anyway, including FCS wins just takes it up another level.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Did Mac write this?

1) The game was not postponed, it was canceled.
2) Nebraska was trying to play the game Sunday, Akron did not agree and left town.
3) Nebraska was attempting to schedule for the beginning of December but there were too many unknowns and they didn't want to wait until then to find out there would not be a game. Akron was also dodgy about agreeing that far in advance.

Akron was happy taking their fat paycheck and getting the hell out of there. Absolutely ridiculous to say "Nebraska has shied away from paying Akron "

WhatTheFrog

Did Mac write this?

2) Nebraska was trying to play the game Sunday, Akron did not agree and left town.
3) Nebraska was attempting to schedule for the beginning of December but there were too many unknowns and they didn't want to wait until then to find out there would not be a game. Akron was also dodgy about agreeing that far in advance.

Akron was happy taking their fat paycheck and getting the hell out of there. Absolutely ridiculous to say "Nebraska has shied away from paying Akron "
The game was postponed several times before it was canceled.
Nebraska does NOT want to play the game in December. For some reason, they think they will be playing for the b1g championship.
Akron didn't get their fat check. Nebraska didn't pay them.

Did you read the article?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Did Mac write this?

They’re being rat [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] and aren’t paying them. What a load of [ Finebaum ].

MAcFroggy

Yeah. I know it is fun to side with the underdog, but in this situation I think Akron is in the wrong. Nebraska did everything possible to get this game rescheduled. Akron wanted to reshedule the game the weekend of CCGs, but only if they were not in the MAC championship or Nebraska was not in the B1G championship. Nebraska needed a more firm commitment, so they went with another school.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
The game was postponed several times before it was canceled.
Nebraska does NOT want to play the game in December. For some reason, they think they will be playing for the b1g championship.
Akron didn't get their fat check. Nebraska didn't pay them.

Did you read the article?

I suppose according to Cleveland.com under the "Northeast Ohio College Sports" section, you're completely correct and there's no point arguing.
Otherwise, what I have read is that, as of yesterday, Nebraska and Akron have verbally agreed to play on Dec. 1 if either team needed it for bowl eligibility. NU's AD explicitly stated that they will get paid, but how much of the original $1.17M has not been worked out yet - which per contract was allowed to be 100% voided under these circumstances.

Yeah. I know it is fun to side with the underdog, but in this situation I think Akron is in the wrong. Nebraska did everything possible to get this game rescheduled. Akron wanted to reshedule the game the weekend of CCGs, but only if they were not in the MAC championship or Nebraska was not in the B1G championship. Nebraska needed a more firm commitment, so they went with another school.

I think you're missing the point here. NU was not worried about making up the game. They issued a condescending comment regarding Akron's bowl eligibility and are now worried about their own.

Chongo94

Bahahahaha.....expected to play for the Big 10 championship?!?!

giphy.gif

Virginia Frog

If true this is embarrassing for the Huskers although not entirely unexpected up there in their current state of panic.
I suggest to the Cornboys to "come back to the Twelve" but it appears that they've fallen so far that they'd be in a annual competition with Kansas for the B12 football basement.

Florida State needs to be worried too. WTaggert was a "bad" hire.