• The KillerFrogs

Playoff Hopes

Mean Purple

They are not letting us in the playoffs, even if we win out, which is unlikely. They did not let us in the first year, they even dropped us 3 spots after we torched a team. And don't hand me the no conf champ game as an excuse. Because the very next year, OU got in, without a conf champ game. And they had a loss to a very bad Texas team. That invitational is about brand management. Everyone knew it when they announced a committee to pick the invites, instead of just using the bcs model to pick four.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Our playoff chances are as good as our chances of going undefeated the rest of the way, whatever those chances are. Win out, and we’re in. Lose another game and a bunch of crazy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] would have to happen for us to have even a slight chance.

Oh, sure. Now you are all in...

Zubaz

I will guarantee you that we make playoffs if we end the season 12-1.
I wouldn't be so sure. Assume the following
Stanford 12-1, Pac 12 champs
Wisconsin 12-1, beats Ohio State in B1G title game
Alabama 12-1, loses to Georgia in SEC title game
Georgia 13-0
Clemson 12-1, ACC Champs
TCU 12-1, Big 12 Champs
Notre Dame 11-1, beat Stanford but lost to Virginia Tech

That debate could come down to Wisconsin with a bad BYU loss vs TCU losing to the team that Wisconsin just beat vs 12-1 Stanford vs 11-1 Notre Dame who beat Stanford but doesn't have a Conference title. Who knows what everyone's SOS would look like beyond that.

This is a highly unlikely, but not unrealistic, scenario.

Bottom line: Too early to make any predictions either way. 12-1 has historically been good enough to get in, but at the end of the day there are 4 slots for anywhere from 4 to 7 teams and there could be a logjam.

jake102

Yes, there is certainly a path for us at 12-1 to not make it.

Fortunately Washington and Wisconsin both already lost. Both those teams were serious contenders to go 12-0 and mess things up.... Wisconsin has a crazy easy schedule.

Just have to keep rooting for chaos, would be good if Georgia would lose a game (highly doubtful). I definitely worry about a 12-0 Georgia vs 12-0 Alabama and both teams getting in... that's my biggest fear. I think Clemson and Ohio State will relatively easily stake their claim to ACC/Big 10 and secure spots. Need Stanford to lose.

Wexahu

Oh, sure. Now you are all in...

Not sure what you mean here. I've been very consistent about what we probably have to do to make the playoffs all along. It's not a very complicated formula, and it's virtually the same for every team. This year we'll be in better position because we played a great OOC opponent but it's still a steep uphill battle if you lose two games.

Casey T

Our chances of winning 10 games in a row is pretty small. But our chances of winning 8 of the next 9 and then winning a rematch in the B12 champ game and winning the conference is realistic (though probably not likely). I'm hoping for 11-2, B12 champs, and NY6 bowl at this point. That would be a great season. It starts with a W against the whorns this weekend

Ron Swanson

They are not letting us in the playoffs, even if we win out, which is unlikely. They did not let us in the first year, they even dropped us 3 spots after we torched a team. And don't hand me the no conf champ game as an excuse. Because the very next year, OU got in, without a conf champ game. And they had a loss to a very bad Texas team. That invitational is about brand management. Everyone knew it when they announced a committee to pick the invites, instead of just using the bcs model to pick four.
There were obviously completely different circumstances that next season, you can’t compare the two years.