• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs UT Predictions

berryfrog95

^ two weekends in a row here, but both games for UT have luckily avoided rain by evening kick. 3:30 start we’ll see- 50-60% chance

Pharm Frog

Rain and traditionally poor choice of cleats mitigates Frog's speed advantage. Potential game winning FG from 39 yards falls short after a botched hold messes with the timing. Horns 22 Frogs 20. Frogs get credited with two sacks for loss of 4 total yards. Game delayed twice for lightning.

Ron Swanson

My regular brain tells me that we likely come out and whip their arse because I know our best is way better than their best. The Nervous Nellie in me who is always fearing the worst thinks the team that played SMU could show up and not the team that played Ohio State, and it could be a tight one.

Either 38-17 or 24-20

2 sacks

H0RNEDFR0G

Did you see how UT crushed USC? They're back.

We, on the other hand, are reeling from a tough loss.

UT 42 - Frogs 7. UT pays us back with a vengeance.

giphy.gif

Mean Purple

TCU 35
Texas 38

1 sack.

But we give up 2 int. 10 points come off those ints. Back up comes in late and brings us from way down. But it is not enough.

#provemewrong

Sebastian S

I understand the pessimistic predictions for tOSU but Texas?

They lost to Maryland and USC is like Texas, they aren't a powerhouse anymore.
- Maryland had 192 total yards vs Temple
- Maryland had 407 total yards vs Texas
- TCU had 511 total yards vs tOSU

Unless we have extremely bad luck and create stupid turnovers, we should win this game.

SECFans

Hi y'all! We're new here but have been doing a decent amount of TCU preview stuff lately. After the great showing against OSU, we decided to give y'all a take and apply our computer model to this game.

You might find it interesting to listen to a couple of SEC guys who have no dog in this fight talk about your game

Wexahu

Unless we have extremely bad luck and create stupid turnovers, we should win this game.

I think this is going to be one of those games where punting won't be a bad outcome. Gotta avoid the turnovers and with a young QB, what's always a concern is that when things break down they kind of panic and do dumb things. That OSU shovel pass was an example.....hard to pin it all on SR but man, there was absolutely nothing there, you can't just toss the ball in there and hope for the best. Turnovers are about the only thing that concern me about this game but it's a big one.

TX_Krötenechse

I am nervous about this one. UT is coming off a big win, they want revenge, and there will be some hangover effect on our guys.

I think we go into half down 17-10 or so. I think we wake up and end up winning maybe 31-24 or something like that.

2 sacks.

Ron Swanson

I understand the pessimistic predictions for tOSU but Texas?

They lost to Maryland and USC is like Texas, they aren't a powerhouse anymore.
- Maryland had 192 total yards vs Temple
- Maryland had 407 total yards vs Texas
- TCU had 511 total yards vs tOSU

This early in the season, every game has to be looked at in a vacuum. Who knows which TCU team will show up and who knows which UT team will show up.

The one thing we certainly do know is that the transitive property doesn’t work in CFB.

Bob Sugar

I predict UT's new punter won't be able to pin TCU on the .0000001 yard line after every failed drive, like Dickson seemed to do.