• The KillerFrogs

Ohio St game thoughts on rewatch

jake102

Just rewatched the game, there’s a good version out there where they have stripped it to just the plays.

My major takeaways
- OL had a really solid game, that Ohio State DL is great and they brought more pressure than I remember
- Staying on OL, every TD drive we had was Myers at LT and Anderson at RB.
- Anderson’s game was even better on 2nd viewing. Not a bad carry. Just amazing
- Banogu was a lot better than his stat sheet. He forced Haskins to throw early a few times and changed a few plays
- LB was awful. Wallow had some really good moments but the other LB (Evans/Summers/Dunham) was awful
- Safety play was bad outside of Gaines...
- Gaines was remarkable

Other notes:
- Myers and Niang will add to TCUs leading number of OTs in the NFL
- OG is a bit of a concern
- WR play was really solid outside of Turpins mistakes
- SRobinson was really solid. I hesitate to say good or great, but really impressive for a true sophomore. Sky is the limit here
- Sewo had a tough game, but sliding through small holes at the LOS is not his game
- Gladney and Daniels had great games. Not perfect, but really good
- Hopeful that the younger safeties can take playing time from the two senior safeties
- Need to get Collier back to 100%. We are a DE light
- Probably need to figure out how Summers can play the 2nd LB position permanently. The switching back and forth is doing him and our defense no favors

Buckeye

Gaines is a game changer and stud. Banogu did what good defensive ends do and was disruptive. SR is going to be a very good to great QB. If not this year, then next. OL was good minus a few snaps. Anderson did well, but to be honest, OSU defense makes every RB look unworldly. This is a trend.

4th. down

Just rewatched the game, there’s a good version out there where they have stripped it to just the plays.

My major takeaways
- OL had a really solid game, that Ohio State DL is great and they brought more pressure than I remember
- Banogu was a lot better than his stat sheet. He forced Haskins to throw early a few times and changed a few plays
- LB was awful. Wallow had some really good moments but the other LB (Evans/Summers/Dunham) was awful
- Gaines was remarkable

Other notes:
- SRobinson was really solid. I hesitate to say good or great, but really impressive for a true sophomore. Sky is the limit here
- Sewo had a tough game, but sliding through small holes at the LOS is not his game
- Hopeful that the younger safeties can take playing time from the two senior safeties
- Probably need to figure out how Summers can play the 2nd LB position permanently. The switching back and forth is doing him and our defense no favors

Good review and i might add to put Turp back in slot and give Derius Davis minutes in the slot - he's as dangerous as Turp or maybe even more so. Stop moving Summers around, back to LB and Collier to DE. Ridwan played a good game. No need for Turp and Reagor to return kickoffs and get injured - replace with Demacardo and D. Davis or Flowers.

berryfrog95

Let’s just go ahead and earmark a RS for Snell at this point, we will need his talent next year. (1 game participated so far)

Is Anderson moving up kypers draft board as a junior?

We have to have Summers back at LB full time, LBs have been the bad surprise and OL has been the good surprise.... (coaching? Thomsen getting more out of his group)

Is Bunce bounced or is this inevitably a platoon now?

Need safety depth to step up, Simmons and Scott key in big xii play

Daniels is a baller, we’re going to need him from here on out

netty2424

My major takeaways
- Gaines was remarkable

Other notes:
Fair assessment overall.

I can't watch the line. Justs doesn't do anything for me. At the end of the day, how many sacks, how often is SR hurried and knocked down is how I feel about it. He needed more designed runs imo.

I felt like safety play was pretty good as they made some great open field tackles to save 6. That said, had #11 on OSU not dropped 37 passes that hit him in the hands including two in the endzone, the score is different. Thankfully, that guy killed some drives. Has to have the worst hands in college football.

And this one pains me, but I'll say it, Turp looked timid to me. For the first time ever, I think that game got to him. And I'm on record as him being one of my favorite Frogs of all time, which isn't a unique opinion. Love the kid. He just didn't have the juice Saturday. Dropped balls, TD killing penalties, multiple poor ST decisions. Tough night for him. Credit to tOSU speed on kick offs for meeting him at the 10 when he's usually met at 15-20.

We have to get some takeaways on defense in big games like this. Absolute must if you're going to win. tOSU won this battle, and the game as a result.

Shawn Robinson is going to be great. Outside of a few plays, man I was really proud of this young mans performance. Reagor, wow. Wallow is going to be a beast. He's always on the ball. As he matures and gets stronger, watch out for that kid! Banogu seemed to have a slow start, but started getting to the QB later on. He's disruptive. Barber looks like a freshman, but he gonna be a good one. Gaines......absolute monster. Best player on defense for me and it's not even close.

HFrog12

I would also add that we have a chance to have an absurdly talented secondary in the coming years...... Gladney, Daniels, Scott, LKVZ, TMW, Vongor, Gaines....

I have heard coaches high on Kerry Johnson and little A. Washington. There really is so much talent in the secondary.

SnoSki

In the 2019 class, instead of selecting two extra skill guys who will only be a project/play in garbage time, I wish we’d spend a scholly on a cant-miss K and Punter.

Having a punter who can flip the field would be a game changer for us.. not to mention that we miss Oberkrom sooooo badly.

Bunce and Song have been okay but definitely room for improvement.

Volare

Hope to never see the shovel pass again. We ran it in the first half and it would have been a TD for OSU but Robinson had a spin move and kept the ball going OB left for a couple yard gain.

No [ Finebaum ]. Shovel pass needs to go in the same hole as the short side option and the goal line wildcat.

Oh and also those passes to 3 receivers in the flat. OSU figured out how to defend that at halftime and now the whole league knows. We keep that [ Finebaum ] up and someone is gonna pick 6 one.

Latest posts