• The KillerFrogs

Officiating Crew

SnoSki

Randy Christal retired at the end of that season, thankfully. He was horrible long before we were ushered into the BIGXII, and that wasn't the only game he took a dislike to the Frogs.

I would say "good riddance" but it seems they replaced him with the "Obama Ref" which really isn't much of an improvement...
RC was the originator of this beauty:

MTfrog5

Randy Christal retired at the end of that season, thankfully. He was horrible long before we were ushered into the BIGXII, and that wasn't the only game he took a dislike to the Frogs.

I would say "good riddance" but it seems they replaced him with the "Obama Ref" which really isn't much of an improvement...
He also did the Miami Ohio State National Title game. Another TCU game that was brutal was the 2012 Iowa State loss at home

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He also did the Miami Ohio State National Title game. Another TCU game that was brutal was the 2012 Iowa State loss at home
He personally made some ghastly calls in that one, but what set the tone was the first play from scrimmage, when the ISU wideout ran right down the sideline and, with both hands, pushed our CB to the ground. Just as plain as one could get OPI. Yet, somehow, the official not 15 feet from the play thought all was perfectly hunky-dory. That same incompetent fool killed us dead two years down the line at the Rape U debacle...

Eight

How the hell do you know that?

cryptominer is actually jarrett anderson

makes perfect sense as rusty does all the position coaching, gary doesn't need him to drive the golf cart this week as they have been prepping for ohio state, and anderson doens't do any work except for recruiting according to the board.

okay, maybe not, and i am curious as well

WhatTheFrog

Here's hoping for one of the "guns" officiating crews. If not...

giphy.gif

Limp Lizard

The worst crew I have seen at ACS, is that one from the ACC who had gained national notoriety a couple of weeks earlier for their horrible job in a P12/ACC matchup. It was made public they would be doing a game of ours and they did not disappoint,
Best moment was a sudden timeout called and a player captain went over to him, obviously asking why the timeout... The referee had left his mike on, and over the loudspeaker we hear, loud and clear "Because I said so!"
Nice when the performance meets the hype.:rolleyes:

BedfordFrog68

The worst crew I have seen at ACS, is that one from the ACC who had gained national notoriety a couple of weeks earlier for their horrible job in a P12/ACC matchup. It was made public they would be doing a game of ours and they did not disappoint,
Best moment was a sudden timeout called and a player captain went over to him, obviously asking why the timeout... The referee had left his mike on, and over the loudspeaker we hear, loud and clear "Because I said so!"

He actually said, "Because I want one"....

Limp Lizard

He actually said, "Because I want one"....
Thanks. But a good laugh was had by all.
CUSA officials were hard to take because it looked like they were being paid by the foul called. Neither team could bet into a rhythm due to all the ticky-tacky fouls called. Lots of ugly, ugly games back then. After all we put up with while we were in CUSA, I am reticent to complain about officials.

Frog Brother

Yes sir, that was Ron Cherry.