• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else have high levels of irrational confidence?

CountryFrog

yeah I should probably give a little more credit to Riley. He obviously has a pretty good handle on what they are doing.

Probably most disappointing was Cumbie being fooled by whatever defense they played against us. Their defense was pretty bad last year.
It's hard to say whether it was Cumbie not being able to come up with anything or if it just so happened that their biggest weakness (secondary) aligned with our biggest weakness (downfield passing) and we simply didn't have the personnel to take advantage. Not having Darius Anderson certainly didn't help either.

Either way, it was definitely super frustrating watching our offense look that bad against a defense that got shredded by pretty much everyone else. Except Ohio St, ironically.

westoverhillbilly

Not having Darius Anderson certainly didn't help either.

IDarrius was our best weapon last year- he shredded Okie State and Texas and was shredding OU in the first game until he was injured.. I'm hopeful he's near a full comeback but I just haven't seen it despite a few nice runs against SMU..

He was a difference maker, and he had a very good OL.. I hope he and his big uglies get rolling soon- I think that is our chance to be an elite team.. Sewo is a very good back and may have a big day against the Buckeyes but Darrius could slice them if he's back at full potential..

LVH

Our offense is what crapped the bed vs Oklahoma twice last year. Their defense was awful and we couldn't do anything against it.

Defensively they were a bad matchup but no excuse for the offense.

Smellslikeroses

I'm feeling more and more like this the Ole Miss Game. No one, including a lot of us, thought the frogs could win. I'm getting pumped. I think Ohio State thinks they have this in the bag and are overconfident from their cupcake wins.

...I think Ohio State thinks they have this in the bag and are overconfident from their cupcake wins.

Actually, I think it is the opposite. It appeared that in the Oregon State game the defense thought they could should up and win handily. They won by 46 points, yet the defense was underwhelming. The overconfidence was there week 1, I do not expect that to be the case this week. The offense has clicked against inferior defenses.

TCU can win this game for sure, regardless of the point spread or recruiting rankings or poll rankings or any other goddamn reason anyone can come up...this my friend is why they play the game.

The results from the Southern, SMU, Oregon State and Rutgers games mean nothing to the showdown tomorrow night.