• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else have high levels of irrational confidence?

Eight

Anomaly that we lost to OU?

How is our record against OU in the Patterson era? or even just in the big 12?

And they beat us twice, in 1 season.

1-6 since joining the big 12

2012 17-24 had a late drive thwarted
2013 17-20 we did nothing offensively in the first half, rallied late
2014 37-33 great back and forth game
2015 29-30 down by 17 going into 4th quarter and then gone stopped on the 2-point try
2016 46-52 jumped out big 21-7 got rolled for 2 quarters and scored 22 straight to close late, but couldn't stop them
2017 20-38 and 17-41, biggest difference to me in 2017 and the two years prior is once they got us down there was no let up.

Mean Purple

Strangely I feel better about this game than the last years' OU games. OU has similar athletes (which I think we can deal with to a certain extent) but Lincoln Riley absolutely outcoached GP in both of those games, which is rare. I don't see Urban Meyer (or his puppet) doing so against us. They may beat us, but I don't see them scoring on their first 6 or 7 possessions or whatever it was both times we played OU. Baker Mayfield was obviously a big factor too, and this guy ain't no Baker Mayfield.
TCU was hanging in the big 12 champ until the offensive scheme went bat crap crazy. That was on SC.

matmoo123

We hung with OU in all games prior to Mayfields amazing 2017-18 season.

He obviously wasn’t included in their recruiting rankings so it’s even more of an anomaly our troubles last year with OU. It was them that caught lightning in a bottle not us....
The best part about these OU recruiting rankings is their Heisman winner was a 3 star that no one offered a scholarship out of high school.

ifrog

I have high levels of low confidence. Same way I felt going into Stillwater last year. I think I actually told my daughter something like “they might have the best QB/WR in the country and we could barely stop SMU last week..... we’re likely in deep [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]..... so we’ll probably win”.

This is where I am at. I watched the SMU game last night and that first half was ugly. Granted the weather was horrible, but it was bad. We could win by 20 or lose by 20 and I wouldn’t be shocked either way.

FrogLifeYo

The fatal flaw with the idea that the team with the highest rated recruits will always win is that is presumes 2 really bad ideas

1. That Composite rankings of players and classes is always accurate

2. A Teams players always play up to their best potential in every game on every snap

I think both are huge stretches however I’m willing to grant that idea 1 could be accurate 80% of the time with elite 5 star types however, but I can without a doubt tell you that number 2 never happens and because of that...the most “talented” team doesn’t always win.

Frogs 34 -31

texas_sicilian

I kind of feel like the kid waiting to go fight the big bully after school’s out on the playground..

A little nervous, staring at the clock a bunch, knowing that everyone will be watching/judging, and hoping that my years of intense muay thai training from master Saenchai will finally pay off...

Last edited:

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I kind of feel like the kid waiting to go fight the big bully after school’s out on the playground..

A little nervous, staring at the clock a bunch, knowing that everyone will be watching/judging, and hoping that my years of intense muay thai training will finally pay off...
Good analogy.