• The KillerFrogs

Anyone else have high levels of irrational confidence?

CountryFrog

OSU has out recruited OU almost every single year since 2014.

Average recruiting ranking 2014-2018
OSU - 6.2
OU - 9.6
TCU - 34.6

If we couldn't figure out OU last year, and frankly almost every year since we got in the big 12, OSU has even better and more talented players. Yes, Baker Mayfield could be the outlier but OSU also has a heisman quality QB who is probably better than Mayfield, definitely more talented.

Sure, we can catch lightning in a bottle and win this game but it's hard to be overly optimistic comparing them to the closest/most similar team we have played against OU.
Feel free to look up Texas recruiting rankings and how we've done against them if you think that's the end all be all. Furthermore, feel free to look up Iowa's recruiting rankings and see how they fared against Ohio St last year.

Honestly, though, if you're going to use recruiting rankings to make your judgments about how good teams are then that's good for you but none of that is going to make any difference Saturday at 7. We might as well be getting into an in depth discussion about whether the OSU offensive line outweighs our d line by 36 lbs or 39 lbs.

EdKamen

BUCKEYES 3 Days 2:40:21
killer.gif

Anyone else have high levels of irrational confidence?

YES!

westoverhillbilly

Is this something CBD Oil can help with?

I need alot more than just CBD oil to calm my nerves for 3 more days.. TCU will win this game, mark it down.. Every media hack and talking point coach is emphasizing that Urban's absence is no big deal, but how would we feel if we were playing without Gary in a game 1060 miles from FW? I know Gary is more active than most head coaches in calling defenses, but not having your leader present will not be good for them on Saturday night..

We're going to rattle them early and they won't have an answer- either Shawn is going to use his feet and then find receivers galore or our defense will create havoc.. I think it's going to be some of both.. I have no doubts that we're going to take this one!

StinnettFrog

I got my tickets off of stubhub and will be there cheering as loud as I can. That being said, I feel confident the Frogs will play tough, but not confident we can put up 30 plus points against that defense. I believe we will have to score at least upper 20s to mid 30s to win this game. Blacklock hurts and our passing game just doesn't seem to be hitting yet.

4th. down

Feel free to look up Texas recruiting rankings and how we've done against them if you think that's the end all be all. Furthermore, feel free to look up Iowa's recruiting rankings and see how they fared against Ohio St last year.

Honestly, though, if you're going to use recruiting rankings to make your judgments about how good teams are then that's good for you but none of that is going to make any difference Saturday at 7. We might as well be getting into an in depth discussion about whether the OSU offensive line outweighs our d line by 36 lbs or 39 lbs.

Well, stats. are stats. and i won't go into that but little ole TCU has more active offensive tackles in the NFL than anyone, which of course would include Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and the late and great UT and of course the Aggies. All we now hear is about the big and bad Ohio St. defensive line. I guess we will see how our current crop does.

berryfrog95

OSU - 6.2
OU - 9.6
TCU - 34.6

If we couldn't figure out OU last year, and frankly almost every year since we got in the big 12, OSU has even better and more talented players. Yes, Baker Mayfield could be the outlier but OSU also has a heisman quality QB who is probably better than Mayfield, definitely more talented.

Sure, we can catch lightning in a bottle and win this game but it's hard to be overly optimistic comparing them to the closest/most similar team we have played against OU.

We hung with OU in all games prior to Mayfields amazing 2017-18 season.

He obviously wasn’t included in their recruiting rankings so it’s even more of an anomaly our troubles last year with OU. It was them that caught lightning in a bottle not us....

Sebastian S

We hung with OU in all games prior to Mayfields amazing 2017-18 season.

He obviously wasn’t included in their recruiting rankings so it’s even more of an anomaly our
troubles last year with OU. It was them that caught lightning in a bottle not us....

Anomaly that we lost to OU?

How is our record against OU in the Patterson era? or even just in the big 12?

And they beat us twice, in 1 season.

FrogLifeYo

OSU - 6.2
OU - 9.6
TCU - 34.6

Our last 3 classes have been around 25-28 and have been the best of the GP era and by all accounts out highest rated class ever might be the one we are on now...Your point doesn’t change but having a great coach and a innovative system has allowed us to beat a lot of teams that were much higher than us in composite rankings...The Gap between 6 and 30 on the field isn’t so great that we can’t overcome it.