• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Ohio St. Prediction Threads

CryptoMiner

Some misc OSU stats that may or may not give you hope:

Against Oregon State they ran 87 offensive plays for 721 yards and against Rutgers 73 plays for 579 yards. They are regressing.....

On first down they run 69.77% of the time and overall 58.14%, right into our breadbasket.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I'm pretty bummed reading a lot of these predictions from fellow frog "fans." This game is very similar to LSU 2013 - early season game at Jerry world against a blue blood with more stars. That 4-8 TCU squad lost by 10 with our TERRIBLE OCs and was in it till the end. We are bigger and better now 5 years later.

Way too much underestimating GP on here, loss predictions are fine but by 15+ points is not a good look imo. Just because the buckeyes run up the score against ass teams doesn't make them gods, Iowa beat them last year
If you'll remember, GMFP was the Head Coach then, too. He made some drastic changes after that year that resulted in a great deal of success.
While I will not put GMFP behind anyone in terms of game preparation, the simple fact is that we have a very young team with a depleted D-line. Young teams tend not to play with the type of poise necessary for "big game" success, especially early in the season. GMFP can put his kids in position to have success, drill them in their jobs and responsibilities, and be there to make adjustments in-game. He cannot, however, go out and execute for them. Thus, it's a big test, and one we haven't faced in a while. The LSU game showed that we had a considerable size differential, and that got cured. I don't think the tOSU players will be any bigger than our kids, nor do I think they are all that much more talented. What they do have is a sense of superiority, and that bubble can be popped given proper smacking. OU did it to them last season on their own home turf, when they had better and more experienced personnel. We certainly have the potential to do so this week, but we have to play and execute at a much higher level than we have so far.
Can we execute smoothly? With poise and confidence? Who knows. We certainly haven't yet. A few big plays, but no real consistency. Defense will be good, but can they go out time and again to make stops if the offense struggles? If tOSU bothered to watch game tape of the pitiful SMU o-line blowing big holes through our defensive line early on, get used to seeing a lot of that...

I just have nothing to base any sort of confidence on save GMFP's fabulous game-prep, defensive prowess, and as-yet-undisplayed skills from our offense.

31-24 tOSU. Flashes from the offense, but too many mistakes to win.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Oh, and every day I get more and more pissed off that this game is in a sterilized Pro Football Concrete Skillet and not in the friendly confines of Amon G. Carter Stadium!

Grrr....

Mean Purple

I'm pretty bummed reading a lot of these predictions from fellow frog "fans." This game is very similar to LSU 2013 - early season game at Jerry world against a blue blood with more stars. That 4-8 TCU squad lost by 10 with our TERRIBLE OCs and was in it till the end. We are bigger and better now 5 years later.

Way too much underestimating GP on here, loss predictions are fine but by 15+ points is not a good look imo. Just because the buckeyes run up the score against ass teams doesn't make them gods, Iowa beat them last year

A. Yeah, that happens way too much around here.
B. Never. Bleed Purple or Bleed Out. Victory or Death.

TCU 42
osu 10

ESPN goes into meltdown. CFP comes of with new "factors". Herbstreit goes on a binger with another wife of a cop, but this time a move won't cover it. Urban comes out of the locker room with his telephone earpiece still in, goes bat [ Finebaum ], thinks he can fire Day, the tOSU President and Barry Fat Alvarez, and then blames his wife because she would not take a bigger fall for him on the issue to begin with. Greg McElroy hides out that apartment complex behind rammer jammer in fear of non blue bloods and is seen less the Oscar Wilde and Howard Hughes in their later years combined.

matmoo123

Ross Bailey discovered a 27 year old playbook in the stadium rehab and we reintroduce the world to the Wacker Tripple Shoot this weekend. Buckeyes and broadcast crew are dumbfounded and we roll 35-14.

SnoSki

To be fair, OSU was missing their starting S (out sick), and most of that scoring came off of long plays where the replacement safties missed their assignments...badly lol.

With Fuller back in the mix, OSU kept Rutgers to 3 points. It's only Rutgers, but still.

Two thoughts:

1) one safety may have been sick but there are three or four other secondary members who are on the field. If that one guy being out causes the secondary to be that much more porous then buckeye fans better pray he stays healthy.

2) Rutgers is pretty much the Kansas of the big ten. 3 points is 3 points, very good... but still. Let’s not pretend it was a ranked opponent.

Shorty

Two thoughts:

1) one safety may have been sick but there are three or four other secondary members who are on the field. If that one guy being out causes the secondary to be that much more porous then buckeye fans better pray he stays healthy.

2) Rutgers is pretty much the Kansas of the big ten. 3 points is 3 points, very good... but still. Let’s not pretend it was a ranked opponent.
Kansas is favored over Rutgers.

TX_Krötenechse

We have a lot of fans in denial about this. The fact is that GP didn’t want to play OSU twice and OSU was more than happy to oblige (won’t speculate on their reasoning). End result is that we get a crappy neutral site game in a horrible, soulless pro stadium instead of a wild Amon Carter and a trip to the Shoe. And it sucks for fans all around.

But like I said ... the driver was TCU in general and GP specifically.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
I think it's Turpin Time @ JerryWorld. Maybe a 3rd TD if he gets a punt or KO return to break open the game. Final stat line: 10/175/2.

Frogs 42-21

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
We have a lot of fans in denial about this. The fact is that GP didn’t want to play OSU twice and OSU was more than happy to oblige (won’t speculate on their reasoning). End result is that we get a crappy neutral site game in a horrible, soulless pro stadium instead of a wild Amon Carter and a trip to the Shoe. And it sucks for fans all around.

But like I said ... the driver was TCU in general and GP specifically.
Also, CDC never asked GP if he wanted this game. He just scheduled it. So GP said EAD and give me one game you snake oil salesman.