• The KillerFrogs

Wynn Opener: Ohio State -13

LVH

Wynn(not BetOnline) is considered the official college football opener.

Already down to -12.5 btw

f_399

What was the opening line to last year's big 12 championship game?

Just want to gauge how much better they thing OSU is vs OU last year.

Ron Swanson

What was the opening line to last year's big 12 championship game?

Just want to gauge how much better they thing OSU is vs OU last year.
7.5 I think?

But I think we were rated higher last year, too, which has to be factored in (I could be wrong on that).

They have OSU as #2 behind Bama

McFroggin

I was fairly accurate in the thread about score predictions as I’ve got OSU by 14.

We haven’t played a team with a pulse, and neither has OSU. The hype of Game Day at TCU, Cowboys stadium, and the inexperience at QB on both sides increases the odds that 1 team will win by a sizeable amount. OSU has more depth and is ranked much higher, so a wide spread was to be expected.

Any given Saturday, anything could happen though. Go Frogs!

f_399

Shawn Robinson, although inexperienced, is comfortable in Jerry’s world.

He has good memories there.

2/3 of the games he has started has been in bad weather.

Indoors in a controlled environment, I think he will do just fine. It’s the other parts of the team that needs to step up.

This will be like a bowl game, nothing new.

Buckeye

As an OSU fan , Robinson worries me. Our defensive line over pursues, and we play a lot of man to man in the secondary. His ability to make plays with his feet are going to be the deciding factor in either direction. Spread feels too big for this game.

Ray Finkle

As an OSU fan , Robinson worries me. Our defensive line over pursues, and we play a lot of man to man in the secondary. His ability to make plays with his feet are going to be the deciding factor in either direction. Spread feels too big for this game.
You are a rational fan. Welcome to the board. We look forward to discussing the upcoming game with you. It’s a lot more fun discussing football than talking trash. We appreciate your insight going forward this week.

May the refs not dictate the outcome!

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

The Degenerate Frog

Here is what the data suggests. Rather than trying to pick winners, take the picks where true value differs most from Vegas value (lines). Unfortunately, it looks like true value is closer to 3 TDs for OSU than 2TDs. Doesn't mean the frogs won't win, it just means that as of now, OSU is more efficient per offensive and defensive play relative to the competition it is facing.

Bill Connely developed his S&P+ Ratings and does the deep analytics on this. Its the most in depth model out there for NCAAF. The Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI) is a close 2nd.

The S&P+ Ratings are a college football ratings system derived from both play-by-play and drive data from all 800+ of a season's FBS college football games (and 140,000+ plays).

OSU Off S&P + 51.4
OSU Def S&P + 15.6
OSU ST S&P + 0.1
OSU S&P margin 36.0

TCU Off S&P + 34.2
TCU Def S&P + 17.6
TCU ST S&P + 0.0
TCU S&P margin +16.6

I do this for most soccer leagues, baseball, international basketball leagues, and NCAAF. I don't do this for NFL as the amount of games with significant value is too few.

Horny4TCU

Here is what the data suggests. Rather than trying to pick winners, take the picks where true value differs most from Vegas value (lines). Unfortunately, it looks like true value is closer to 3 TDs for OSU than 2TDs. Doesn't mean the frogs won't win, it just means that as of now, OSU is more efficient per offensive and defensive play relative to the competition it is facing.

Bill Connely developed his S&P+ Ratings and does the deep analytics on this. Its the most in depth model out there for NCAAF. The Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI) is a close 2nd.

The S&P+ Ratings are a college football ratings system derived from both play-by-play and drive data from all 800+ of a season's FBS college football games (and 140,000+ plays).

OSU Off S&P + 51.4
OSU Def S&P + 15.6
OSU ST S&P + 0.1
OSU S&P margin 36.0

TCU Off S&P + 34.2
TCU Def S&P + 17.6
TCU ST S&P + 0.0
TCU S&P margin +16.6

I do this for most soccer leagues, baseball, international basketball leagues, and NCAAF. I don't do this for NFL as the amount of games with significant value is too few.

350.png

DeuceBoogieNights

I think whoever wins it will be by less than 7. I have a feeling OSU wins this one though. I think Robinson will make a couple of young QB mistakes that will end up being the deciding factor.

cdsfrog

That's fair. If we play amazing and win the turnover battle I think we might win. If we are lose the turnover battle I expect us to lose by 14+.

My prediction waffled from 34 to 20 to 30-27 tOSU.

Even now I feel like that could be totally wrong. Wish we had Blacklock