• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Moose Stuff

Watching folks spew their grandios self righteous guff has become laughable the past couple of days. Some folks should take their own stuff they have posted before, as well as some of their own screen names, then realize its a sports board and get over themselves.

I’m not being grandios or righteous. I’m telling Deep that calling football players “apes” is viewed as racist by a massive segment of society. Do I think he was being intentionally racist? No. Am I offended by it? No. Just suggesting to him that he might want to come up with a different word.

MinFrog

I always was confused when I would hear folks from other schools speak ill of TCU fans and say they were idiots. I figured that they were just biased against TCU (they are of course), but it turns out we really do have idiots here who have no problem being racist or at the very least don't care to try and be sensitive to how their comments may be perceived.

Lone Frog

I’m not being grandios or righteous. I’m telling Deep that calling football players “apes” is viewed as racist by a massive segment of society. Do I think he was being intentionally racist? No. Am I offended by it? No. Just suggesting to him that he might want to come up with a different word.

How ridiculously level-headed and sensible of you.

YA

I feel like your previous post about explaining differences to mature adults comes into play here.

I’ve got an idea for you...... If you’re so certain that you’re in the right then you wouldn’t have any issue with changing your name from Deep Purple to your actual name right? Go ahead and put your employer/job title/boss’s name right in there too. Surely that’s not gonna be an issue is it? Maybe after that you can put the same comments on Twitter. You should @ TCU and your boss too. I’m sure they won’t fire you immediately.
He works for TCU

Bob Sugar

There was actually another line in the original lyrics...

"Welcome to Waco, where you can get raped
By a steroid juiced-up Baylor ape."​

Alas, that line didn't make the final cut. Too honest.
CiBS88.gif

He tried the corner and missed.

Froglaw

You thought I was referencing you specifically, and you call me tone-deaf? Are you familiar with the word 'narcissist'?

The indiscriminate racism-flinging in Florida is as massively stretched, contrived, and unjustified as it is in this thread. Here's how it works:
  • You used the term "tone-deaf." An obvious slur against people with hearing disorders. Why the hate speech against the hearing-impaired?
  • You referred to digging a hole. A lot of undocumented Latino immigrants are unskilled labor who get hired to dig ditches and holes. Why are you racist against brown-skinned people?
  • Lots of poor people in this country don't get enough to eat, yet you cynically and unfeelingly refer to a wasteful 'food fight.' Why do you hate the poor and hungry?
  • You used the word "arshole" in a disparaging way. Many old people have major problems with digestion, lower bowel issues, and hemmeroids. Why are you hating on the elderly?
You see how it goes. If you're going stretch words and phrases to fit any possible negative connotation, regardless of immediate and obvious contextual meaning, anybody can be accused of any PC crime. Including you.

It's time to stop this kind of nonsensical insanity.

I took my girlfriend to dinner at a Mexican food Restaurant last weekend.

There was a Baylor family waiting for a table.

I hate them.

(See, thread back on track)