• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Press Conference: Week 1 vs Southern

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Just the way coach likes it. It's like when you breed a pot belly pig with a standard poodle and the lawnmower runs out of gas.
9b0.jpg

Since the 40 second clock starts after the kickoff ends, I would love to see TCU put the starting offense on kickoff return, fair catch the kickoff, then immediately run up and start a play. If there is no substitution, the offense doesn’t have to wait on the defense.

jake102

Since the 40 second clock starts after the kickoff ends, I would love to see TCU put the starting offense on kickoff return, fair catch the kickoff, then immediately run up and start a play. If there is no substitution, the offense doesn’t have to wait on the defense.

georgeclooney.gif

CountryFrog

Change of possession

SuperTFrog

I think the game against Southern will tell us more than we think.

2017 - TCU beats Jackson St 63-0 and wins 11 games
2016 - TCU beats SD ST 59-41 and wins 6 games
2015 - TCU beats SFA 70-7 and wins 11
2014 - TCU beats Sanford 48-14 (we were up 48-7 and gave up a late score) and wins 12
2013 - TCU beats SE Louisiana 38-17 and wins 4.

The point is, if we are good enough to absolutely manhandle an FCS school we may have a good season. If we get tested, then we may struggle.

Thoughts?

LVH

2014 - TCU beats Sanford 48-14 (we were up 48-7 and gave up a late score) and wins 12

The point is, if we are good enough to absolutely manhandle an FCS school we may have a good season. If we get tested, then we may struggle.

Thoughts?

SWAC teams are a tier below the rest of FCS except maybe the MEAC. There is a bigger gap between the Missouri Valley(best FCS conference) and SWAC than there is the gap between the SEC and Sun Belt.

That South Dakota State team 2 years ago also would have beaten Jackson State by 50. Not comparable. Same with Samford and SE Louisiana. They would be able to name their score against Southern and Jackson state.

There is a reason the SWAC doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs

FrogLifeYo

Thoughts?
Not crazy...When we play in the mud with teams we shouldn’t, we typically have a team that isn’t ready. Our best teams are preoccupied with their own performance rather than concentrating on an inferior opponent