• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Deep Purple

Someone told me a rumor that they’re putting in a traffic circle at the corner of bellaire and stadium. Surely that’s not correct?

There isn't room for a traffic circle at the corner of stadium and Bellaire, and there's no real need. There are only two directions you can go, and 90% of the traffic stays on Bellaire.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
There isn't room for a traffic circle at the corner of stadium and Bellaire, and there's no real need. There are only two directions you can go, and 90% of the traffic stays on Bellaire.
If that’s an accurate number that you know and not just a guess I’m going to be pissed.

HToady

On the first day of school:
East campus:
Cantey closed
Palmer closed
Lowden closed
Princeton open but full of construction vehicles
University one lane closed north bound.

West campus:
Bellaire one lane open westbound only
Berry 2 lanes closed east bound
Stadium open.

Tumbleweed

I want to thank all who contribute info on construction updates, esp DBag. But if your carrying a phone it most likely has a camera and no matter how insignificant it may seem to you, many of us need a picture to rattle the memory. In advance, thank you!

cdsfrog

Traffic circles aka roundabouts can be fantastic. Without lights if minimal traffic. I personally like the ones with short light sequences that are also motion sensitive. Traffic moves like a dream and even in rush hour traffic you never wait more than a few seconds.

Tumbleweed

Traffic circles are a method to expedite traffic flow in a roundabout way....

excellent explanation. More than a couple of roundabouts across the big water.
On some roundabouts, a fool drilled a water well and forgot to cap it and another where they buried some of their kin folks so they can can continue to look down there noises.

HFrog12

Summer 2018 construction projects:

- The Kelly Alumni Center project is wrapping phase 1 now and the offices should be moving upstairs any day now. Phase 2 is renovation of the old space, which should be complete late this fall (article with more info and renderings: https://www.acced-i.org/news/395672...r-at-Texas-Christian-University-to-Expand.htm).

Curious about this portion of one of Dirtbags posts. While I do not want to emulate UT in certain ways, I do like how they use their alumni center for the Texas ex tailgates. If I remember they have a drink ticket system and then maybe discounted drinks. I think it is a great asset to have our alumni center so close to the athletic facilities, especially in early season when air conditioning can come at a premium. This might not be conducive to our smaller fanbase, i.e. too many other established tailgates, but it might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Traffic circles aka roundabouts can be fantastic. Without lights if minimal traffic. I personally like the ones with short light sequences that are also motion sensitive. Traffic moves like a dream and even in rush hour traffic you never wait more than a few seconds.
cds is right but I admit I still exercise extreme caution using the Carswell circle where 183 joins up with Camp Bowie & 377. Sooo many people still have no clue about lane discipline combined with the hosers who are using their 10 foot radar to make too-late decisions.

HToady

Update for 8/22:

Looks like Berry is wide open now.
The crew on Cantey has moved in front of Greene Ave. basically eliminating all access (Palmer and Greene) to east campus from the north.

Opintel

Moderators
Ah, the Parking Garage (LT). Just how will the traffic pattern be for egress this season?

It has been up to two hours to get back home to NRH on occasion. (sigh) With the worst part in making it to 30.

Please tell me the drive will improve season. Not feeling hopeful. :(