• The KillerFrogs

New Season Of Last Chance U Dropped Today

joefrog91

Finished this last night plus the extra episode about the EMCC players.

The defensive lineman is the only one I can see making it to the NFL. Malik Henry isn't coachable in my opinion. He already thinks he knows it all. I also feel bad for him that the only reason his dad came back into his life is to ride his coattails.

None of the coaches seemed very good at their jobs. That QB coach needs some more seasoning.

Chongo94

Watched the Dodge City episode last night. Good lord. Cringeworthy. Anyone else find it ironic that the coach consistently complains about them being ghetto yet consistently talks to them in a ghetto way? I am constantly amazed this guy is a head coach.

It’s hard to like anyone on this season...maybe Bobby Bruce or the coach working for nothing, Diaz? Maybe that center with the hard upbringing? Other than that, everyone is tremendously difficult.

Also, definitely WB the Gwen Stefani doppelgänger that was in that episode.

MTfrog5

Watched the Dodge City episode last night. Good lord. Cringeworthy. Anyone else find it ironic that the coach consistently complains about them being ghetto yet consistently talks to them in a ghetto way? I am constantly amazed this guy is a head coach.

It’s hard to like anyone on this season...maybe Bobby Bruce or the coach working for nothing, Diaz? Maybe that center with the hard upbringing? Other than that, everyone is tremendously difficult.

Also, definitely WB the Gwen Stefani doppelgänger that was in that episode.
Yeah Bruce is a kid I hope figures it out. He wants to succeed badly but has never seen anyone in his family succeed. Same for the center from Neveda. I think coach Diaz is also an idiot and can’t coach at all which you can say that about almost all their coaches. Thought it was ironic in the Garden City game that the head coach kept bringing up how the other coach said he couldn’t coach. Dude almost lost them the game based on coaching decisions and had to get the punter to tell him to take a safety. I think this will hinder his career more than anything with his lack of humility and lack of coaching skills on full display.

Chongo94

Yeah Bruce is a kid I hope figures it out. He wants to succeed badly but has never seen anyone in his family succeed. Same for the center from Neveda. I think coach Diaz is also an idiot and can’t coach at all which you can say that about almost all their coaches. Thought it was ironic in the Garden City game that the head coach kept bringing up how the other coach said he couldn’t coach. Dude almost lost them the game based on coaching decisions and had to get the punter to tell him to take a safety. I think this will hinder his career more than anything with his lack of humility and lack of coaching skills on full display.

Agreed on Bruce. Yeah, I don’t want to be that harsh on Diaz. I think Joe earlier said it best, he needs more “seasoning.” He tries hard.
Right?? Watched that Garden City game thinking this is the coach and team they need to follow but since he apparently conducts himself in an professional manner, they wouldn’t. Agreed. He’s gonna be in Kansas forever now as why would any other school hire him based on what they’ve seen from this show?

I’m also fairly certain he is blatantly violating FAFSA rules when he is just throwing out their grades in front of everyone.

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

Finished this last night plus the extra episode about the EMCC players.
What did you think about the followup episode? I thought it was pretty interesting. FAU had some three to four players from EMCC on the roster, and Fau ended up doing pretty well. I also thought the followup about the criminal charges the running back and his brother (the IU receiver) was pretty good. Interesting that they let one brother go, and kept the other when they both waited at the car. Keeping my eye on that case. Also, I can't say that I like the fact that IU didn't let the brother graduate although the judge cleared him of the offense. Seems he is getting punished for the company he kept. There is a lesson to be learned there.

Chongo94

What did you think about the followup episode? I thought it was pretty interesting. FAU had some three to four players from EMCC on the roster, and Fau ended up doing pretty well. I also thought the followup about the criminal charges the running back and his brother (the IU receiver) was pretty good. Interesting that they let one brother go, and kept the other when they both waited at the car. Keeping my eye on that case. Also, I can't say that I like the fact that IU didn't let the brother graduate although the judge cleared him of the offense. Seems he is getting punished for the company he kept. There is a lesson to be learned there.

Nailed it. Find it odd that they kept one brother and let the other go and really feel for him that Indiana isn’t letting him finish. Seems a bit of guilty until innocent and now that you’re innocent we still feel you’re guilty. Given the history of that state, I guess I shouldn’t be that surprised.

Last edited:

joefrog91

Camion Patrick said all the right things and had the fact he receives $1600 a month as plausible explanation of how he had money to flash.

Isaiah Wright was unfortunately not as bright to answer the questions in the right way. He got roped into speculating what happened and wound up parroting the detective's statement, "He went to get the money".

Chongo94

Finished it late last night. Coach gets a little less annoying but is still brutal at times. Carlos Thompson became the only likeable one for me. He added some humor. Seems like he knows what’s up now that he finally has his head on straight.

Bobby Bruce aka Mushmouth,
ends up letting you down. I really thought he had gotten it but given what they said at the end of the episode, I guess not. But that depends on how his case works out or if the charges were really dismissed or not.

Malik Henry is highly unlikeable and I hate saying that because obviously he has issues but wow. He just needs a good beat down. I mean it really seems like a good ass whipping would probably do a lot to help humble him. And while his dad is certainly a [ profanity ] and is currently helping to provide/produce Malik’s behavior at times now, he hasn’t been in the picture long so it’s definitely not all his fault. His (Malik’s) stupid tantrums and ALL the constant talking back to opposing players...highly unlikeable. It’s honestly amazing he hasn’t already taken a beat down from someone.

Rakeem Boyd seems legit.
Definitely glad and found it funny he didn’t go back to A&M ha.

WB the trainer and the Gwen Stefani lookalike.

Last edited:

Austintxfrog94

The coach resigned. Told a German player that he was the kid’s new Hitler and threatened to take his schollie away...honestly surprised he lasted this long.

'Last Chance U' coach Jason Brown resigns after text exchange with player
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oach-jason-brown-resigns-text-exchange-player
lol, not surprised. Dude was a loose cannon who (in my opinion) drank too much. Not sure what your next move is if you can't maintain a position in JUCO ball.

Chongo94

lol, not surprised. Dude was a loose cannon who (in my opinion) drank too much. Not sure what your next move is if you can't maintain a position in JUCO ball.

Same here. Gonna be hard to watch him again for this next season. He was such a beating. I liked that he really emphasized their academics but one wonders if it was just so they could remain eligible for him or if he really cared for their future outside of athletics.

MTfrog5

Same here. Gonna be hard to watch him again for this next season. He was such a beating. I liked that he really emphasized their academics but one wonders if it was just so they could remain eligible for him or if he really cared for their future outside of athletics.
Will help having a TCU player playing for them

Atomic Frawg

Are you confusing the Independence, KS guy with the Mississippi guy? I think the next season goes back to EMCC.