• The KillerFrogs

Mobile Safari Users (and everyone else) Please Read

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I just shut off the mobile ads on the site until our media group can tell me why Mobile Safari is going nuts (BTW I've noticed this behavior since the latest update on my iPhone 7 on a couple of other sites I visit so this could be another buggy release by Apple). Please let me know if that fixes your issues. If not, I'll start nuking other things until we nail down the offending plugin or ad.

netty2424

Curious, do y'all have some type of revenue replacement agreement in your contracts with these ad companies that end up causing so many problems, if it's deemed their ads are in fact spewing computer AIDS?

TxFrog1999

Curious, do y'all have some type of revenue replacement agreement in your contracts with these ad companies that end up causing so many problems, if it's deemed their ads are in fact spewing computer AIDS?
Most likely it's coming from the ad fillers that the network uses during off peak times or when ad buys are down. If we could get more local companies to advertise we wouldn't use the network, but that is a long story for another time.

Casey T

I don't think it has to do with an iOS update, I have an iPhone and don't update my software and was having these issues.

I downloaded brave but is noticably slower than safari and chrome, not sure if I'll keep it.

West Coast Johnny

"This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred."
Pops after about 3 minutes on a thread. And then reloads. Annoying as hell. And won't reload on occassion. Have to get out and get back in to finish reading.

stbrab

I don't think it has to do with an iOS update, I have an iPhone and don't update my software and was having these issues.

I downloaded brave but is noticably slower than safari and chrome, not sure if I'll keep it.
Interesting. I am using Brave...for about two weeks now, and it's been working great. No issues. If it's slower, I haven't noticed it.

TxFrog1999

Still happening in Safari btw.
Okay, thanks. I'll keep looking to see what is causing Safari to panic.

BTW Safari has recently had a series of performance bugs in both iOS and Desktop versions. I'm not saying this is the reason why it's happening, but I haven't be able to reproduce this in Android or in Mobile Chrome.

Paint It Purple

I installed Brave and Firefox on iPhone 8. Both fixed problems. Firefox seems much faster than Brave. Brave supposedly more secure, though I have read that brave was built from the Firefox platform.

SnoSki

I just switched board appearance to “xenith” and haven’t had an issue since. Yes you lose some of the TCU styling but all the content is the same with no redirects.

10 Key Frog

I just switched board appearance to “xenith” and haven’t had an issue since. Yes you lose some of the TCU styling but all the content is the same with no redirects.

Just did the same since I was still having redirects this morning. No redirects now, so seems it’s something in killer frogs skin.

Purp

Interesting. I don't find it to be slow. For now I am using it only for FFF.
Interesting. I am using Brave...for about two weeks now, and it's been working great. No issues. If it's slower, I haven't noticed it.
Same here. I noticed a substantial speed improvement on Brave relative to when I used Chrome before. By substantial I mean pages used to take 15+ seconds to load and now they're almost always instantaneous.