• The KillerFrogs

Saarloos

MadFrog

Whatever happened to Schloss, we have to keep Kirk Saarloos. Several times I have heard people say that Saarloos is the top recruiter on the staff. If Schloss leaves and Saarloos gets the job, I will not be upset at all. Kind of like when GP was hired from within.

TCUdirtbag

If CJS leaves CKS will replace him. That's a done deal according sources. And CJM stays.

Kirk is on the shortlist elsewhere. He turned down Stanford last year. Several possibilities: 1) CJS stays and CKS stays, 2) CJS goes and CKS becomes HC, 3) CJS goes and CKS goes with him, 4) CJS takes his time, meanwhile CKS takes the Rice or another open gig (keep an eye on USC, who could easily fire Hubbs and give Saarloos another opportunity out West), and we go forward without either.

If Schloss goes, I think your short list is: Saarloos, McDonnell and Whitting. And you can’t fall below that.

PurpleBlood87

Kirk is on the shortlist elsewhere. He turned down Stanford last year. Several possibilities: 1) CJS stays and CKS stays, 2) CJS goes and CKS becomes HC, 3) CJS goes and CKS goes with him, 4) CJS takes his time, meanwhile CKS takes the Rice or another open gig (keep an eye on USC, who could easily fire Hubbs and give Saarloos another opportunity out West), and we go forward without either.

If Schloss goes, I think your short list is: Saarloos, McDonnell and Whitting. And you can’t fall below that.

Just asking why not go after Mazey?

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
3) CJS goes and CKS goes with him

giphy.gif

Purp

Wasn't O'Sullivan flirting with a move last year? He had a 7 figure buy-out, but I seem to remember he was open to a change of scenery even after he just signed a huge extension a few seasons ago. I'd have him on the short list too.

Frog79

The title of this thread had me scared. lol.

So on edge waiting for any news of our coaching situation....

Fret not. I remember feeling like that the day that Franchione left. I was so bummed out. Obviously, in retrospect, that turned out to be the best day in TCU sports history because we got GP as the new head coach. Let's just see how this plays out. Like last time we might end up better for it.