• The KillerFrogs

OT: Beer Sponsor

Dogfrog

Whoever cuts TCU the best deal.

Let business school grad students (over 21) form a shark tank panel and have suitors make a pitch. You have several local crafts along with Ben E Keith. Might be fun.

Eight

Whoever cuts TCU the best deal.

Let business school grad students (over 21) form a shark tank panel and have suitors make a pitch. You have several local crafts along with Ben E Keith. Might be fun.

hell no. the choice of beer associated with tcu is athletics is far too important to be left up to individuals with under developed cerebral cortexes let alone under developed pallets

good god man, do you want tcu athletics associated with that michelob organic ultra abomination?!?!?

Dogfrog

hell no. the choice of beer associated with tcu is athletics is far too important to be left up to individuals with under developed cerebral cortexes let alone under developed pallets

good god man, do you want tcu athletics associated with that michelob organic ultra abomination?!?!?

You include the big volume guys as a negotiating wedge. Pretty sure business grad students are beer knurds.

HToady

ah, you mean a beer with a really great looking label and bottle that goes flat half way through drinking the bottle and really wasn't brewed for the reasons why people actually drink a beer?
Same one. Also the drinker thinks everyone is coveting.....

Eight

Why are folks suggesting Rahr and Sons? Don't we want a sponsor who makes good tasting beer?

I would actually vote for whoever pays us most... Miller, Bud, who cares.

if it is a matter of taste than in my mind the discussion begins and ends here

1667949_orig.jpg

trouble is they really don't push the distribution, heck sigma brewing might have a bigger marketing department, and the bigger issue is they are aggies. aggies who brew some damn good beer, but aggies

if the requirement is taste i submit st arnold's brewery, wagner is a rice guy, but he sees the big picture and they do brew a top notch root beer for those who don't imbide

BABYFACE

Why are folks suggesting Rahr and Sons? Don't we want a sponsor who makes good tasting beer?
Probably because Fritz is a TCU grad. I like his beer, but it isn’t for everyone. His is made more in the German/Czech style with more hops and barley, no rice. Miller, Bud, and Coors use less hops and are half barley/half rice grain.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

1667949_orig.jpg

trouble is they really don't push the distribution, heck sigma brewing might have a bigger marketing department, and the bigger issue is they are aggies. aggies who brew some damn good beer, but aggies

if the requirement is taste i submit st arnold's brewery, wagner is a rice guy, but he sees the big picture and they do brew a top notch root beer for those who don't imbide

Have you tried St. Arnold's "Not A Collaboration" yet? If you like Yellow Rose...

ftwfrog

1667949_orig.jpg

That Lone Pint Yellow Rose is an amazing IPA. But did I hear that right that they’re not going to distribute anymore in DFW?

InstaFrog

1667949_orig.jpg

Never heard of it, but upon searching their website I came upon this:

lp-squiggle.png
News

Update, April 30th:

We pride ourselves in the quality of our beer and the trust that we have built over the past 5-1/2 years. Unfortunately, we have identified an issue in a recent batch of Yellow Rose and are working with our distributors to recall the beer in question. During this time there will be a shortage of Yellow Rose in the market. We apologize for any inconvenience to our accounts and customers. This week we are still planning to release Zythophile Calypso into the market. Thanks for your understanding during this time. Do not hesitate to reach out to the brewery with any questions or concerns. We look forward to having Yellow Rose back in the market soon. For clarification purposes, the batch dates being pulled from the market are 4/23 and 4/24. The batch in question exhibits a strong tannic bitterness, not the balanced fruitiness that Yellow Rose is known for. It's not harmful, just an off-flavor.

Just an FYI....I'll keep an eye out for it in the future.

Eight

Never heard of it, but upon searching their website I came upon this:

lp-squiggle.png
News

Update, April 30th:

We pride ourselves in the quality of our beer and the trust that we have built over the past 5-1/2 years. Unfortunately, we have identified an issue in a recent batch of Yellow Rose and are working with our distributors to recall the beer in question. During this time there will be a shortage of Yellow Rose in the market. We apologize for any inconvenience to our accounts and customers. This week we are still planning to release Zythophile Calypso into the market. Thanks for your understanding during this time. Do not hesitate to reach out to the brewery with any questions or concerns. We look forward to having Yellow Rose back in the market soon. For clarification purposes, the batch dates being pulled from the market are 4/23 and 4/24. The batch in question exhibits a strong tannic bitterness, not the balanced fruitiness that Yellow Rose is known for. It's not harmful, just an off-flavor.

Just an FYI....I'll keep an eye out for it in the future.

if you are ever in magnolia on a saturday stop by for their brewery "tour" which consist of basically drinking from the taps with the brewmaster