• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

tcudoc

Sue the Colts.
1k2d1m.jpg

froginaustin

This is what my son says. Tarrant County courts and lawyers are typically friendly and collegial. Dallas County courts and lawyers are cut-throat and "Do unto others before they do it unto you."

Dallas lawyers are notorious state-wide for a cut-throat approach to litigation. In Austin, calling someone a "Dallas lawyer" used to be disparaging, and among some legal circles here remains so.

In my professional lifetime, I have seen the transformation of Austin/Travis County from a tight-knit legal community where a reputation for sharp dealing would follow a lawyer around forever (4 district judges; 2 county-court-at-law judges, in the 1970s) to a more cosmopolitan legal scene with a big enough number of trial judges that we have much less of an everyone-knows-everyone courthouse climate today. Some local lawyers have a "Dallas" practice style; some are more collegial. The former tend to be younger lawyers or transplants or both.

If one leaves Austin for surrounding small-population counties (not including Williamson (Round Rock, Georgetown, etc.), where law practice has always been a cage fight for non-local lawyers), for any matter that has a decent litigation budget I would strongly recommend a lawyer with a rough-and-tumble litigation style consulting a local lawyer, preferably one that the court clerks know by first name, and particularly before considering something like a discovery fight or (God forbid) a sanctions motion. I suppose this fits the "know your judge" suggestion for litigators.

Chongo94

His twitter is an absolute beating. Colts probably cut him just because of how much he tweets

I just scrolled through. It’s amazing how much of it is filled with mind numbing idiocy. That’s not even mentioning the tweets that deal directly about him attempting to do something stupid or showcasing him doing something that is stupid. He is the definition of someone thinking they are far more important than they really are.

Honestly, the more I see of this dude, the less I ever want to remember he has (or did have) a connection to TCU.