• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
She's riveting

p1xDJN

https://goo.gl/images/p1xDJN

Mean Purple

Ok, HASMSP, need input from anyone who has been to Myrtle Beach in recent years. Was thinking about going, mix of golf and vacation. But I am hearing from some that MB has gotten really run down in recent years and that Hilton Head would be better place for us to go.

Any thoughts on this from folks in the know? Feel free to PM me. Looked at the Caribbean, but half the place is still rebuilding, from what I hear.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Quilter and phormer

Please explain what you mean by taquito.

And for the record... I like tamales, but I at least understand someone not liking them. When not done well, they have way too thick of a masa/hominy wrapping and not enough of a filling, and I can understand thinking they’re too dry.
Ok, a bad, dry tamale I can understand not liking as well.

talor

Ok, HASMSP, need input from anyone who has been to Myrtle Beach in recent years. Was thinking about going, mix of golf and vacation. But I am hearing from some that MB has gotten really run down in recent years and that Hilton Head would be better place for us to go.

Any thoughts on this from folks in the know? Feel free to PM me. Looked at the Caribbean, but half the place is still rebuilding, from what I hear.
Never done Myrtle Beach but Hilton Head is nice, albeit you pay more for the niceties.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
If you ever slide into Zwolle, LA make sure you get some Zwolle Tomales. Fantastic Mexican food device.

Mildly related.
If you are ever driving through Central Louisiana right around a mealtime near Alexandria get off the main interstate and go about 5 miles west. To the famous Tunks Cypress Inn. Be forewarned, if you order the crawfish you’re going to get the crawfish!

http://www.tunkscypressinn.com/

Frog-in-law1995

Top 3 affordable beachfront hotels in Galveston - go!

The galvez and san luis are the top ones along Seawall, I guess. Neither are terribly expensive, but I can’t think of a hotel that isn’t across the street from the beach except for that big one way down at the end of Stewart beach. Look into a house rental in Pirates Beach or Jamaica Beach. Or stay at Pier 21 hotel in the Strand and drive to Stewart Beach.

SuperBarrFrog

1. The tortilla chip
2. The flour tortilla
3. The enchilada
4. The burrito
5. The soft taco
6. The chimichanga
7. The tostada
8. The hard taco
9. The echarito
10. The gordita
11. The corn tortilla
12. The tamale
13. The taquito
14. The flauta
15. The fork
Echarito?? Is that Spanish for a virgin’s naked behind? Because if so, it should be way higher.

TCURiggs

Went to Myrtle Beach for a conference two Summers ago, and it was alright. Think we stayed at the Marriott, which was pretty nice and had a nice beach (well groomed, lots of chairs/umbrellas, etc...). The town itself does seem to be a little dated, but there were some nicer areas. Driving through Myrtle Beach is a bit of a whip since there's about 4,000 stoplights. I've also never seen so much miniature golf in my entire life. Seemed like there were 5 courses on every block. We mostly stayed at the resort, outside of a couple of golf outings, so I can't really speak to activities outside of the resort. There are A LOT of people from the Northeast (NY, Pennsylvania, etc...) out there, though. Apparently that's a popular spot for them. We went to Gulf Shores last Summer and I think I liked that a little better. Hilton Head would be much nicer than Myrtle, but obviously more expensive.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The galvez and san luis are the top ones along Seawall, I guess. Neither are terribly expensive, but I can’t think of a hotel that isn’t across the street from the beach except for that big one way down at the end of Stewart beach. Look into a house rental in Pirates Beach or Jamaica Beach. Or stay at Pier 21 hotel in the Strand and drive to Stewart Beach.
Thanks.

Been years, and I did note that the "beachfront" ones I saw were actually across a busy street.

Is there a beach beyond the seawall accessible by foot? I was probably about 7 the last time I was down there...