• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mom of TCU quarterback now the new girls basketball coach at White Settlement Brewer

kidkarr

Something's up there. They only had a couple of dozen applicants for the head football coaching job. Most programs of that caliber have hundreds.

And Robinson's mom followed the old DeSoto football coach to Brewer.

Heck yeah something is up. They held a meeting to get rid of the football coach after he won state because he was white and didn’t “reflect or understand” the community. Even though his players and assistant coaches loved him. Terrible deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/dfw.cbsl...-factor-in-desoto-coachs-possible-firing/amp/

Sebastian S

Don't be silly... Casey caused much more of a problem for us than TB. TB held the team together and was a real warrior for us until a couple of nights before the Alamo Bowl. Played injured and never complained about the lousy OL protection during both the 2012 and 2013 seasons. 5 years and no known off field issues until the very very end.

I said OFF the field. On the field he was one of the best to ever put on a TCU jersey.

Even if we didn't hear about it, TB was a handful to keep in a straight line.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

White House?
Black Land Prairie?
Green Belt?
Purple Haze?
Red Rocks?
Blues Brothers?
Yellowstone?
Orange California?

Just wondering!
Here are a few more.

Greenville NC
Blacksburg Virginia
Red Lick Texas
Blue Ball Pennsylvania
Alabaster Alabama
White Plains NY
Whitesboro New Jersey
Whitesburg Kentucky
Black Jack Missouri
Black Alabama
Blackey Kentucky

Blue Ball Pennsylvania is definitely my favorite name for a town. Black Jack Missouri is a close second because makes think of Jack Daniels Black Label.

Rose Bowl

I’m still trying to understand how they hired Peterman to coach football. Seems he would have had his pick of choices to choose from considering his accomplishments. Brewer going all in on Athletics, who knew.

Spike

City's name.
Sorry to cause angst.

This! It is an incorporated city. Also a city with very tight liquor laws that keeps them from having any grocery stores or decent restaurants. Also a very aggressive police department that writes a lot of tickets to make up for the lost revenue which has the added effect of not making me want to go through there which lessons the likelihood of me patronizing the few businesses that are there.

That said Brewer also takes in West Point which is Fort Worth.