• The KillerFrogs

OSU game #3

Pharm Frog

Last year we were 21-3 when scoring 6-9 runs. This season we are 5-4 so far. Came into the series 5-1 of course.

In better news - Shepherd has gone north of the Mendoza Line and made some good plays at 3rd

HornedFrog4Life

That second hand by your glove does allow you to get the ball out quicker to make a throw, but I agree it does nothing to assist in catching a fly ball. I view it as nothing more than an urban myth spouted by youth league coaches.

Well the 2-handed comment is probably appropriate. In game 1 last week against KSU, the same player who dropped the ball was on 2nd base with one out. Luken hit a sharp grounder to the SS in front of dame player. He decides to go to third and is thrown out at 3b by 20 feet, taking himself out of scoring position. As luck goes, Watson gets a hit and he would have scored. We did not score that inning. My wife turned to me and said “what was he thinking, you don’t try to advance on that ball when it is hit in front of you”. He has made plenty of stupid decisions over the last couple of years, including trying to convince and beg coaches to play in the field. Peewee comment just seems so appropriate. He has taken so many steps backwards from his freshman year.

CountryFrog

Remember when some people were saying that last year's team was "average at best" and any of us who thought they were good were just homers who knew nothing about baseball? I think this year's team is what average actually looks like. So far, at least.

HornedFrog4Life

Landestoy IMO
Absolutely. This kid could not hit the ball out of the infield his freshman year, if he even made contact. He kept working hard, keeping a positive attitude and being a great teammate. He was not starting at the first of the year, and now he is the team’s leading hitter. Great example of working hard and staying after it.

What is more surprising? Landestoy or Preston Morris 35 inch vertical at pro day? Just kidding, no need to start that conversation again.