• The KillerFrogs

Boykin...

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

Not that Facebook really means much, but he has his relationship status as "Single"

TCURiggs

Not that Facebook really means much, but he has his relationship status as "Single"

I'm guessing he and this girl have known each other forever, he used her for things that he wanted, she considered them "together" and thought he loved her, but he didn't, etc... Pretty apparent at this point that he's a piece of ship lacking any character.

lonestarfrog89

So many learning opportunities for him. Making over $500k a year with so much potential. Total waste of talent and a complete waste of a human. Say goodbye to ever making anyway close to that amount of money, a-hole.

DickBumpastache

I don’t know where the claims are coming from that TCU covered up previous instances of this. Anyone got a link?

I know of more than 1 occasion where FW police were called to investigate incidents involving TB. No arrests were made. Have no idea what if any role TCU played...but it would've been nice if it hadn't come to this involving Boykin.

maximilian

Growing up (and to this day), my dad always talked about how the world is full of talented people, full of incredible potential, who are in reality losers and borderline worthless.

I used to roll my eyes at it, but it's being proven right every day. Tre had it all and blew it despite chance after chance. Hope the young woman ends up okay after all this.

Wexahu

I'm guessing he and this girl have known each other forever, he used her for things that he wanted, she considered them "together" and thought he loved her, but he didn't, etc... Pretty apparent at this point that he's a piece of ship lacking any character.

That's exactly what I'd guess too.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
This seems as good a time as any to pop in with the disclaimer from the criminal defense industry.

Let me preface by saying that in no way shape or form does this incident look good, or hopeful in any way, for TB2.

But I have seen with my own eyes people who make even worse accusations (and yes there can be worse) which, on the surface, absolutely seem correct. And I have seen a few of those turn out to be false. This is made more likely when the individual accusing is tying a story into their own prosecution (for DWI, for example) as a reason for the circumstances. I am not attempting to assert this is what she is doing in THIS circumstance, I am just cautioning.

While it don't look good at all for Mr. Boykin, let's let the investigation proceed. Distinguish between facts versus "statements" or secondhand "reports" during that process.

Dogfrog

Nobody is claiming they covered up instances of this, like beating up a girlfriend to where her jaw is broken and there's blood everywhere. But it's pretty common knowledge that he was a handful to keep in line off the field. And since nobody really knows all that happens behind the scenes and most all programs will do whatever they can to keep their best players on the field (within some semblance of reason of course), my preference is to not cast judgment, because it can come back and bite you in the ass pretty hard.

So in other words you have no idea whether there are any other specific examples of TCU people covering up for him. Only arrest I was aware of was before his last game in San Antonio, and he watched the game at home.

He’s obviously not an angel, and may have been a concern of the program while at TCU but your accusations are pulled out of thin air.

YA

So in other words you have no idea whether there are any other specific examples of TCU people covering up for him. Only arrest I was aware of was before his last game in San Antonio, and he watched the game at home.

He’s obviously not an angel, and may have been a concern of the program while at TCU but your accusations are pulled out of thin air.
That's because wexoff isn't a TCU fan--it would be nice if the rest of the board knew this and put his opinions on ignore

Sebastian S

While it don't look good at all for Mr. Boykin, let's let the investigation proceed. Distinguish between facts versus "statements" or secondhand "reports" during that process.

While true, Boykin has exhausted any benefit of a doubt he may have had.

It's sad, I have seen him in campus with little kids flocking him for an autograph or just to be able to meet him.

Like that little kid crying because he was going to miss Kenny Hill... kids look up to them.

Wexahu

Talk about falling from grace when he had us, and the general public, wrapped around his finger after the Abby Faber meeting. What an idiot.

I was close enough to people in the know to know he was basically a ticking time-bomb but the violence against women thing takes it to a completely new level. From knucklehead to terrible person in an instant.