• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

So I spent the afternoon with the best Dallas County has to offer at the City Auto Pound. There is no amount of money you could pay me to be a cop in Dallas dealing with all that darnery on a daily basis. Holy boat! I walked in to recover stolen aluminum and thought I went into the wrong room where they were doing a Jerry Springer casting call.

The good news is we got our material back. The bad news is, the worst among us reproduce at a much higher rate than the best of us, which means Idiocracy is nigh.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
So I spent the afternoon with the best Dallas County has to offer at the City Auto Pound. There is no amount of money you could pay me to be a cop in Dallas dealing with all that darnery on a daily basis. Holy boat! I walked in to recover stolen aluminum and thought I went into the wrong room where they were doing a Jerry Springer casting call.

The good news is we got our material back. The bad news is, the worst among us reproduce at a much higher rate than the best of us, which means Idiocracy is nigh.

tenor.gif

PurpleOveralls

My FIL’s heavenly birthday is coming up and it has been a very difficult year for my wife. I have fixed his crappie boat for her and now I plan on getting a nice glass case for his old hard hat to rest for wherever she chooses to place it. Those are two things are sentimental to her and I thought that I should do something special with them. It might not mean much, but he and I were very close and I thought this was a cool picture to take before putting it up until I find a nice case.

View attachment 4258

Mine left, his right. The naughty “we bust nuts” sticker is for a nipple up - torque & test company. It’s dirty, but hopefully you’ll allow it. Didn’t realize until after I took the picture.

I don't believe that H2S sensor is in the breathing zone......

SnoSki

Congrats on getting the material back!

I once helped a friend get his car out of an impound in Butleson and yes it was quite an experience.

Tom Brown

Went down a Nardwuar wormhole tonight

Edit: for the unititiated, Nardwuar is a character that interviews your favorite musicians, excluding FGL, and in a comical way gets them to comment on lost details of their careers, that he seemingly sbould have no way of knowing to ask. He usually gives them some sort of gift specific to them that opens a can of worms.

Last edited:

Froginbedford

Yep, that's the whole melody. Slightly different styling but that's it.

Fun fact, Nolan Catholic's alma mater is stolen from UNC.
Aledo’s sounds like somebody’s but I can’t put my finger on it. It’s fairly common. McLean Middle had Notre Dame, but it’s a middle school, who gives a rat’s scheiss?

Rosemont and William James both used "The Washington and Lee Swing" (also a popular 1920s-1930s era record by FW's Milton Brown and His Musical Brownies); Meadowbrook used the Army's "When the Caissons Go Rolling Along," Forest Oak (and maybe Monnig) used "On Wisconsin." L. D. Bell uses the old Baltimore Colts football team's fight song. Original fight songs were/are rare.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
You know you live in a place overrun by pagans and apostates when Chick-fil-A can run a promo like this and not go out of business. If a store did that down here they'd lose enough money on Mondays to need to open on Sundays just to recoup losses.

I don't understand your point. Pagans and apostates would object; where would they get a church bulletin? They would say the promotion was biased against them, and not patronize the place.

By "down here" do you mean Texas? Where does that opinion come from? I admire Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby for maintaining their faith-driven business practices in the face of anti-establishment opposition. And most of my friends agree with me. I patronize both businesses whenever the opportunity arises.

nwlafrog

A salesman for a machine shop that we use comes by our office every Friday with 2 plates of chicken minis for us. I haven’t witnessed anyone turn down a glorious chicken mini yet. Jesus makes them and shows his love through the heavenly tiny bite sized breakfast sammich. It’s in the Bible. ChikPhesians 4:1:18

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
A salesman for a machine shop that we use comes by our office every Friday with 2 plates of chicken minis for us. I haven’t witnessed anyone turn down a glorious chicken mini yet. Jesus makes them and shows his love through the heavenly tiny bite sized breakfast sammich. It’s in the Bible. ChikPhesians 4:1:18

They are heaven-sent!

Frog-in-law1995

I don't understand your point. Pagans and apostates would object; where would they get a church bulletin? They would say the promotion was biased against them, and not patronize the place.

By "down here" do you mean Texas? Where does that opinion come from? I admire Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby for maintaining their faith-driven business practices in the face of anti-establishment opposition. And most of my friends agree with me. I patronize both businesses whenever the opportunity arises.

His point is that with all the church folk around here, Chick-fil-a would be giving away too many free sandwiches.

Horny 4 Life

You know you live in a place overrun by pagans and apostates when Chick-fil-A can run a promo like this and not go out of business. If a store did that down here they'd lose enough money on Mondays to need to open on Sundays just to recoup losses.

It's hughly unlikely, but you may want to check with your local store. The only publication they did for this deal was on a little monthly calendar on the bulletin board a couple of years ago. They had a different deal every day. They don't include it on the calendar anymore and nobody seems to know about it here, so maybe they have something similar down there.

Frog-in-law1995

I was listening to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven on my in-car ipod on the drive to work, which got me to wanting to listen to another of their songs, so I pull up YouTube and in the search bar, type: “on”

The smart search function auto-populated it as “one thing Finger Eleven.”

Creepy, y’all. The bad men are listening.

Holy [ Finebaum ]balls. This morning on the drive in, a stream of consciousness rabbit hole got me to thinking about Bill Hader’s Stefan character on SNL. I said, out loud in my car, “weeknights at six y six-thirty,” in a TV announcer voice, imitating him from one of the Stefan skits. Then went on to some other thought. Never said “SNL,” never said “Bill Hader,” never said “Stefan.” Never typed anything on my phone at all.

Just pulled up youtube to watch a video at lunch and the first suggestion is THAT Stefan video.

Horny 4 Life

Holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]balls. This morning on the drive in, a stream of consciousness rabbit hole got me to thinking about Bill Hader’s Stefan character on SNL. I said, out loud in my car, “weeknights at six y six-thirty,” in a TV announcer voice, imitating him from one of the Stefan skits. Then went on to some other thought. Never said “SNL,” never said “Bill Hader,” never said “Stefan.” Never typed anything on my phone at all.

Just pulled up youtube to watch a video at lunch and the first suggestion is THAT Stefan video.

Darning creepy. I'm a tiny bit scared by all the AI developments.

nwlafrog

Holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]balls. This morning on the drive in, a stream of consciousness rabbit hole got me to thinking about Bill Hader’s Stefan character on SNL. I said, out loud in my car, “weeknights at six y six-thirty,” in a TV announcer voice, imitating him from one of the Stefan skits. Then went on to some other thought. Never said “SNL,” never said “Bill Hader,” never said “Stefan.” Never typed anything on my phone at all.

From now on I’m baitin’ with a sticky note over the camera lense.