• The KillerFrogs

MARCH MADNESS GAME THREAD

Boomhauer

The Big Dance creates miracles. I pulled for the Aggies against North Carolina.

incredulous.gif

Jackson

The fact that Syracuse in the Sweet 16 is proof they got a great draw. They were able to magnify our weakness and offset a strenght....poor point guard play & offensive rebounding (no second attempts for us).
Michigan State was good but not great in the weak Big 14.
All in all a very good couple of years....NIT Championship & NCAA at Large Bid. Could have been even better.

Sebastian S

Our team's slump was at the end of the season.

It got us to the big dance but failed us when we got there.

Need to be playing our average or our best at the end.

Tom Brown

Lets give the Cuse defense some credit, they held 3 teams well below their average, asu and tcu were top offensive teams that sputtered due to the zone D.

It wasnt a good draw, or three teams having off nights.

Perspective people, our 4-2-5 gives powerful football offenses fits too

TX_Krötenechse

Our team's slump was at the end of the season.

It got us to the big dance but failed us when we got there.

Need to be playing our average or our best at the end.
We won four of our last five conference games, I’d hardly call a close loss to Tech, arguably the best team in the B12, and KSU in tourney a slump at the end of the season.

Sebastian S

We won four of our last five conference games, I’d hardly call a close loss to Tech, arguably the best team in the B12, and KSU in tourney a slump at the end of the season.

look at the numbers(FG %, 3pt %, TO)
Baylor - 42%, 25%, 12
K State - 44%, 25%, 16
Tech - 40%, 21%, 11
K STATE - 46%, 41%, 14
Syracuse - 39%, 17%, 13
Average last 5 games - 42%, 25.8%, 13.2

Season average - 49%, 39%, 12.4

Not a slump... just below average?

Sebastian S

A lot of upsets this season, almost making it a norm.

Do you prefer this or do you like seeing the traditional powerhouses going into the final 4?

Wexahu

A lot of upsets this season, almost making it a norm.

Do you prefer this or do you like seeing the traditional powerhouses going into the final 4?

I just want to see good games. Big upsets are great, but on the other hand they are often followed by some stinker games later in the tournament. A #1 seed versus a Cinderella in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 can quickly become a blowout if the magic kind of wears off that Cinderella team.