• The KillerFrogs

Baseball - TCU v Minnesota - Sunday, Game #3

Pharm Frog

Well, I say we suck at it. But when you get picked off, then get a hit, it feels unlucky.

When you get picked off, it's almost inevitable that the next batter gets a hit. Baseball god-type stuff. When you get thrown out for the third out at 3rd base, it's almost inevitable that the lead off hitter the next inning gets a hit.

Pharm Frog

Basketball I would agree more, but not as much here in baseball. We were not this bad the last 3-4 years and we did not play small ball then.

Yes....we've been really bad at defending small ball for the past several years especially from the pitcher's position. Last year we either got better as the season went on or teams stopped trying to play as much small ball as they did early in the season.

HornedFrog4Life

Through 16 innings of baseball today

We have 8 hits, 1 run, 4 errors, and 3 wild pitches

I think the problem we have not playing small ball this year, is that we do not have a line up of hitters with 3-4 hitters best in the 9th hole or on the bench.

Purp

Anybody else want to disagree with me that we are a .500 team at best this year???
If we don't improve defensively you're right. But I don't expect our defense to be this putrid all year. They'll get some confidence at some point and go on a run with our pitching.

Pharm Frog

Anybody else want to disagree with me that we are a .500 team at best this year???

I disagree. It may turn out that way but if we do then we've underachieved in a big way. I see us as a 2 or 3 seed somewhere (possibly host) and that will scare the living [ Finebaum ] out of the host team.