• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Houston Chronicle, Feb. 2, 2018

"The area immediately surrounding the University of Houston has been ranked #15 of the 25 most dangerous

neighborhoods in the nation. This could provide Waco and Fallujah with some serious competition.

Mean Purple

Watched the Madman or Messiah documentary. I think it's better because it shows how crazy Koresh was but also how amazingly inept the government was. Still like the Waco show but it has glossed over some things in my opinion.

Edit: That Schroeder lady was (is) CAAAHHHHRRRAZY! And that Jim McGee FBI guy seems way too damn trigger happy. Seems like he enjoys projecting a tough guy image.
Was the A&E show the one that interviewed the ATF agent who went to the operation launch point and warned them that the crazies knew they were going to raid, thanks to the idiot reporter tipping them off?

Was the A&E show the one that interviewed the ATF agent who went to the operation launch point and warned them that the crazies knew they were going to raid, thanks to the idiot reporter tipping them off?
I was at BU Law at the time. The ATF guys were pumping iron at the local gym wearing their ATF t-shirts and frequenting Two Minnies...a strip joint...all the while talking about their “operation.” Every bartender and stripper in town knew they were there

Watched the Madman or Messiah documentary. I think it's better because it shows how crazy Koresh was but also how amazingly inept the government was. Still like the Waco show but it has glossed over some things in my opinion.

Edit: That Schroeder lady was (is) CAAAHHHHRRRAZY! And that Jim McGee FBI guy seems way too damn trigger happy. Seems like he enjoys projecting a tough guy image.

I remember years ago seeing an interview with the local sheriff after it happened. He said the whole thing was unnecessary, that Koresh would go into town often and all they had to do was nab him then. Said he and Koresh we're friendly and it would have been no big deal to pick him up if they were just patient.
I ended up meeting one of those atf goons not long after it happened. I had questioned why to myself up until I met that guy, then I was, "Ah, now I see."

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I remember years ago seeing an interview with the local sheriff after it happened. He said the whole thing was unnecessary, that Koresh would go into town often and all they had to do was nab him then. Said he and Koresh we're friendly and it would have been no big deal to pick him up if they were just patient.
I ended up meeting one of those atf goons not long after it happened. I had questioned why to myself up until I met that guy, then I was, "Ah, now I see."

I don’t recall—was there a housecleaning and/or the traditional slew of “transfers & un-related retirements” at ATF after the Waco massacre or did it remain good ole boy club?

Chongo94

I don’t recall—was there a housecleaning and/or the traditional slew of “transfers & un-related retirements” at ATF after the Waco massacre or did it remain good ole boy club?

I believe there was a house cleaning of top officials but the good ole boys just transferred into other services I think. Also think they transferred those type of activities from the ATF to other services in other words curtailing it’s effort to do things like this. But I could be misremembering...