• The KillerFrogs

National Signing Day Thread

Bob

maxresdefault.jpg

TCUdirtbag

Haven’t followed recruiting this year.

I know we signed 18 last month and have 4 verbals signing today.

Any rundown on who we are looking to add today and when they announce?

Eight

rough day for eddie o, misses on his qb prospect, and losses his cb prospects.

hope those 3 receivers who didn't listen and signed with lsu because of them being the home state school and the environment of tiger stadium enjoy the "new" old offense, blocking on running plays and trying to stay healthy until they can declare for the draft

Eight

uga's class on paper is insane. picked up their 7th 5* today and the talent is spread across both sides of the ball

texas seems to have filled their d-line issues. scheiss mensa. rhule needs to get the colt job so he can hire jason washington

many horns want to talk about their secondary class, but damn if bama on paper isn't in position to land a better class with surtain committing today

ou as pointed out did well in the front 7, but also in the o-line. this conference is going to be won or lost in the lines and they did a great job reloading in those areas

on paper right now some good classes out west in the pac, but no one great class. usc is the one it looks like in best position to still move up a bit

nebraska on track for a solid class, frost and his staff did a great job and it should be interesting to watch how they progress. maryland also looks to have one of their best classes in some times

frogs will end up with a very good class, funny how on one hand it is a bit disappointing and yet there is a great deal of talent in the class

Realtorfrog

Until ou is called for their OL laying on people and not letting the defenders up they will succeed. They are the only team doing it that I have seen......

FrogLifeYo

uga's class on paper is insane. picked up their 7th 5* today and the talent is spread across both sides of the ball

texas seems to have filled their d-line issues. scheiss mensa. rhule needs to get the colt job so he can hire jason washington

many horns want to talk about their secondary class, but damn if bama on paper isn't in position to land a better class with surtain committing today

ou as pointed out did well in the front 7, but also in the o-line. this conference is going to be won or lost in the lines and they did a great job reloading in those areas

on paper right now some good classes out west in the pac, but no one great class. usc is the one it looks like in best position to still move up a bit

nebraska on track for a solid class, frost and his staff did a great job and it should be interesting to watch how they progress. maryland also looks to have one of their best classes in some times

frogs will end up with a very good class, funny how on one hand it is a bit disappointing and yet there is a great deal of talent in the class
Alabama DB class is unreal...LSU is gonna end up the biggest victim to the rise of UGA.

Frogs should be very happy with our class. It’s a great one. We still aren’t quite there in OL/DL recruiting but we are getting there. A playoff appearance by the Frogs would be an absolute game changer for both the Frogs and the conference. OU folks don’t want to see us get the talent that UT is getting.

Limp Lizard

Alabama DB class is unreal...LSU is gonna end up the biggest victim to the rise of UGA.

Frogs should be very happy with our class. It’s a great one. We still aren’t quite there in OL/DL recruiting but we are getting there. A playoff appearance by the Frogs would be an absolute game changer for both the Frogs and the conference. OU folks don’t want to see us get the talent that UT is getting.
I have always found it interesting that the hardest blue-chip players to recruit away from Big State U. are the linemen. And frustrating, considering with the job we have done again and again with DL and linebackers. Very frustrating.

Froglaw

Okay,

I guess I'll just wait for the Frog Club meeting tonight to find out who we got signed today.

See you guys at 5:30!

Ron Swanson

I have always found it interesting that the hardest blue-chip players to recruit away from Big State U. are the linemen.

There are far fewer elite OL & DL than there are elite skill position players. It’s a numbers game.

There’s a lot more small people in the world than big people

Punter1

There are far fewer elite OL & DL than there are elite skill position players. It’s a numbers game.

There’s a lot more small people in the world than big people

And as a couple of my college football coaching buddies say...There are far fewer athletic big people then athletic small people.

Big guys that are actually athletic are very tough to find....

FrogLifeYo

And as a couple of my college football coaching buddies say...There are far fewer athletic big people then athletic small people.

Big guys that are actually athletic are very tough to find....
True.... Somewhat amazing that they all congregate at about the same 10 schools every year....It’s not a coincidence that the vast majority of those 10 schools are going to be in National Championship conversation every year either.

FrogLifeYo

Since we don’t have any TCU recruiting news to talk about and we have been talking Bigs...I am curious, of all the top 60 OL and DL players (essentially solid 4 and 5 stars), what % of them ended up at Blue Bloods. My guess is of those 120 players 70% ended up at less than 20 schools.

Limp Lizard

The point is, even though there are less top HS linemen, why do they only sign with the "name" schools. We have been able to get similar talent at the skill positions. What is it with the big guys that make a much higher percentage sign with Big State U.?