• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Charges dropped against former QB Trevone Boykin

OICU812

Whatever helps you sleep.

Weirdly coincidental that someone whose username initials are TB would be acting so personally wounded that Trevone Boykin was criticized for acting n a way that not only embarrassed himself, but seems highly likely to have cost him millions of dollars, potentially tens of millions of dollars. Had he remained the backup qb in Seattle, pretty good odds he'd be in line for a big fat contract once his rookie deal was up. Now he's hanging on by the tiniest thread on practice squad.

While PI is often a BS charge used to arrest people who are in reality guilty mostly of POP, his situation that night is pretty much what the law was invented for. Butt-faced drunk and superstoned, so much that he was literally incapable of standing, in a high-traffic area of bars and clubs, with nobody to babysit him. To suggest that he is somehow vindicated because the PI was dismissed is ludicrous. As was already correctly pointed out, that's the way almost all PI cases end up, at least for people with the means to accomplish it.

He rightly received adulation and appreciation for the way he played for TCU, and he just as rightly earned fair criticism for the huge mistakes he's made.

jake102

Weirdly coincidental that someone whose username initials are TB would be acting so personally wounded that Trevone Boykin was criticized for acting n a way that not only embarrassed himself, but seems highly likely to have cost him millions of dollars, potentially tens of millions of dollars. Had he remained the backup qb in Seattle, pretty good odds he'd be in line for a big fat contract once his rookie deal was up. Now he's hanging on by the tiniest thread on practice squad..

He has definitely cost himself money but he signed a 1 year $630k contract a few weeks ago. His three year (2016-2018) earnings are $1.2mm, not bad for 26 years old.

nwlafrog

He got drunk, might’ve smoked pot. Big deal. I don’t see a serious issue here. The San Antone incident was bad, real bad, but even then, he was being harassed and the bar patrons put their hands on him first. The cop was aggressive and did absolutely nothing to diffuse the situation, either. His decision making was awful from the moment he left the hotel, but even so, who wouldn’t defend themselves when some drunk arsehole starts shoving and getting aggressive?

Weed charges are the dumbest ship going. It’s a damn plant, people. The dude isn’t running around doing crystal and heroin. He wasn’t driving high or drunk. The other dumbarse was. Should he have gotten in the car with her? No, but does that make him a POS? No.

He wouldn’t have had a PI if his driver hadn’t had an accident and had he not come back to the scene. The charges were trash and paper thin at best. He was called back to the scene and he complied. Then they slapped him with a PI. How is he held responsible of leaving the scene if he wasn’t driving? He’s free to go. Does that make him look bad, Yes. Is he a POS, no.

Believing Tom Brown is Deuce is also very funny.

OICU812

He was incapable of standing but able to run away after the crash?

Not going to post it here, but go back and look at the video from him being processed at the jail. The officer directed him to stand at a counter while the officer was doing something, and TB couldn't simply stand there. He stumbled around the room, nearly falling down in the process. He looked about as intoxicated as you can possibly be and not be passed out. So yes, he was incapable of simply standing there... Unless you want to say he did that on purpose.

OICU812

He got drunk, might’ve smoked pot. Big deal. I don’t see a serious issue here. The San Antone incident was bad, real bad, but even then, he was being harassed and the bar patrons put their hands on him first. The cop was aggressive and did absolutely nothing to diffuse the situation, either. His decision making was awful from the moment he left the hotel, but even so, who wouldn’t defend themselves when some drunk arsehole starts shoving and getting aggressive?

Weed charges are the dumbest ship going. It’s a damn plant, people. The dude isn’t running around doing crystal and heroin. He wasn’t driving high or drunk. The other dumbarse was. Should he have gotten in the car with her? No, but does that make him a POS? No.

He wouldn’t have had a PI if his driver hadn’t had an accident and had he not come back to the scene. The charges were trash and paper thin at best. He was called back to the scene and he complied. Then they slapped him with a PI. How is he held responsible of leaving the scene if he wasn’t driving? He’s free to go. Does that make him look bad, Yes. Is he a POS, no.

I never said or suggested he's a POS (and I don't think anyone else did, either), simply that nobody who criticized him after his arrest for doing a really stupid thing should feel the need to apologize based on the PI being ultimately dismissed.

As for weed charges being the dumbest thing... I agree personally, but so far the law in Texas does not. You know where the law does agree? Seattle. It's mind-boggling to me that people are such homers that they can't/won't agree that what he did was a really stupid mistake.

Tom Brown

I never said or suggested he's a POS (and I don't think anyone else did, either), simply that nobody who criticized him after his arrest for doing a really stupid thing should feel the need to apologize based on the PI being ultimately dismissed.

As for weed charges being the dumbest thing... I agree personally, but so far the law in Texas does not. You know where the law does agree? Seattle. It's mind-boggling to me that people are such homers that they can't/won't agree that what he did was a really stupid mistake.

Peace out

nwlafrog

26 year old male goes out drinking and partying with a female who is drinking and partying. I’m not seeing where he darned up. I’ve seen me do the same thing literally millions of times.

I’m curious as to exactly what it is that he did that was a mistake? Getting drunk and being forced into a bs PI charge and a drunk tank visit that he should’ve never been put in to begin with. They had no need to call him back, slap him with a PI and they did it for ships and giggles, IMO. They had the driver. What the heck did they need with the passenger?

PO Frog

26 year old male goes out drinking and partying with a female who is drinking and partying. I’m not seeing where he darned up. I’ve seen me do the same thing literally millions of times.

I’m curious as to exactly what it is that he did that was a mistake? Getting drunk and being forced into a bs PI charge and a drunk tank visit that he should’ve never been put in to begin with. They had no need to call him back, slap him with a PI and they did it for ships and giggles, IMO. They had the driver. What the heck did they need with the passenger?
*not literally millions

PO Frog

He was also alleged to be carrying 2 oz. of weed in his bag. Again, nobody is saying he's a POS, but let's not pretend that he's getting a raw deal somehow because he was criticized for extremely poor behavior. Seven people were injured by the car crash as well. Saying he's owed an apology is one of the most absurd ideas I've ever heard.

Wexahu

Really? How about hanging out with that crowd in the first place? I'd say that was a mistake, wouldn't you?

I've been out in public drunk more times than I care to count. Never been in a car that rammed through a bar before though, if that had happened to me I'd pretty much conclude that things got way out of hand. Maybe that's just a regular saturday night for you.

Atomic Frawg

Alright folks, slow your roll. Boykin went out that night with a girl. When they got ready to leave she drove into the building. He was a passenger so he bounced, having no legal obligation to stay because he did not cause the accident. No, everyone who witnesses an accident doesn't have to stay. The police showed up and began talking to the girl. She had spoken with Boykin several times, told him the police were there, and asked him to come back, which he did. They began asking him what happened, and he told them she hit the building, but he didn't want to give much info beyond that. He then wanted to talk to the girl, but by that point she had been arrested, and they wouldn't let him. Boykin didn't like that answer, and he was pressing the cop to allow him to talk with her. The cop got upset that Boykin kept pressing the issue, and he decided to arrest Boykin for the PI, stating that he smelled of alcohol, had no way home, could potentially drive a car, and was therefore a danger to himself or others. He also claimed that he smelled weed on his clothes. Once arrested they searched the car, found the bag with all male items in it, and it had the weed. Boykin claimed the bag, and he was subsequently also charged with the weed.

Legal analysis: As previously stated, Boykin was under no obligation to come back to the scene as he did not cause the accident and was merely a passenger, ie "My name's Bennett, and I ain't in it." He came back to the scene, evidence that he was not a danger to himself and was coherent. Could he have gotten home safely? Yes, if he were given the opportunity. He could have called Uber, Lyft, a famliy member, friend or cab. They did not allow him to do so. He certainly could have done so instead of going back to the scene. Regarding his possibly being able to drive a car, he was already a passenger, therefore it was highly unlikely that he was going to pull another car out of his back pocket. So that premise was a reach by the LEO. When he claimed the bag, he claimed the weed. Having just been in an accident, they should have checked him for medical assistance.

He likely did some form of community service, provided clean UA's over a period of time, took a drug offender education class, and paid a fee to eventually lead towards a dismissal of the weed case. The PI was doomed from the start. San Antonio was likely waiting to see what happened with Dallas. So now San Antonio will likely do nothing, as well.

Should people go to clubs and get drunk? NO, but they do everyday, and it don't make'em bad people. Should people smoke weed? In my opinion, no, and it it still illegal in Texas. Do they still smoke weed, yes. It does't make'em bad people, but it can make you scratch your head. I asked a long time ago why the draw to weed and I was told I needed to go get high. Ultimately, he did something dumb (had weed in Texas when you play in the NFL), and he paid a price well above and beyond what you and I would have paid.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Alright folks, slow your roll. Boykin went out that night with a girl. When they got ready to leave she drove into the building. He was a passenger so he bounced, having no legal obligation to stay because he did not cause the accident. No, everyone who witnesses an accident doesn't have to stay. The police showed up and began talking to the girl. She had spoken with Boykin several times, told him the police were there, and asked him to come back, which he did. They began asking him what happened, and he told them she hit the building, but he didn't want to give much info beyond that. He then wanted to talk to the girl, but by that point she had been arrested, and they wouldn't let him. Boykin didn't like that answer, and he was pressing the cop to allow him to talk with her. The cop got upset that Boykin kept pressing the issue, and he decided to arrest Boykin for the PI, stating that he smelled of alcohol, had no way home, could potentially drive a car, and was therefore a danger to himself or others. He also claimed that he smelled weed on his clothes. Once arrested they searched the car, found the bag with all male items in it, and it had the weed. Boykin claimed the bag, and he was subsequently also charged with the weed.

Legal analysis: As previously stated, Boykin was under no obligation to come back to the scene as he did not cause the accident and was merely a passenger, ie "My name's Bennett, and I ain't in it." He came back to the scene, evidence that he was not a danger to himself and was coherent. Could he have gotten home safely? Yes, if he were given the opportunity. He could have called Uber, Lyft, a famliy member, friend or cab. They did not allow him to do so. He certainly could have done so instead of going back to the scene. Regarding his possibly being able to drive a car, he was already a passenger, therefore it was highly unlikely that he was going to pull another car out of his back pocket. So that premise was a reach by the LEO. When he claimed the bag, he claimed the weed. Having just been in an accident, they should have checked him for medical assistance.

He likely did some form of community service, provided clean UA's over a period of time, took a drug offender education class, and paid a fee to eventually lead towards a dismissal of the weed case. The PI was doomed from the start. San Antonio was likely waiting to see what happened with Dallas. So now San Antonio will likely do nothing, as well.

Should people go to clubs and get drunk? NO, but they do everyday, and it don't make'em bad people. Should people smoke weed? In my opinion, no, and it it still illegal in Texas. Do they still smoke weed, yes. It does't make'em bad people, but it can make you scratch your head. I asked a long time ago why the draw to weed and I was told I needed to go get high. Ultimately, he did something dumb (had weed in Texas when you play in the NFL), and he paid a price well above and beyond what you and I would have paid.
+4 Bravo sir. But if you haven't, you do still need to try it :D

nwlafrog

He was also alleged to be carrying 2 oz. of weed in his bag. Again, nobody is saying he's a POS, but let's not pretend that he's getting a raw deal somehow because he was criticized for extremely poor behavior. Seven people were injured by the car crash as well. Saying he's owed an apology is one of the most absurd ideas I've ever heard.

I hear ya. I didn’t post that he was owed an apology and I wasn’t implying that anyone called him a POS. Those were my words. Just seems like a few enjoy dragging him through the mud.

Again, it’s pot. I get that it’s the law, it’s just so stupid, IMO. When is the last time you heard of someone going berserk off weed? Seriously.

Tom Brown

This and to the ignorant, the apology is owed for the exaggerated character assassinations.
You know the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] that comes out of our fans mouths