• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee is suing Patterson and B12

Froglaw

I've read most of the Plaintiff's Original Petition.

Here are my observations based on the allegations:

Venue in a Dallas County is slim. Hanging their hat on the Big 12 offices.

Suit appears to be based on negligence of TCU but Plaintiff alleges a breach of contract theory along with fraud. So the two year statute of limitations may bar any recovery.

Medical Malpractice has a hard 2 year statute of limitations but a Chapter 74 notice letter extends the SOL by 75 days.

Dallas County Court at Law No. 1 judge is a TCU grad with her law degree from ut. She is not a sports fan.

Plaintiffs counsel is is Potts from Houston. Mostly mass torts. Already has this case highlighted on his Facebook page.

Personal notes:

If this was a former Baylor player accusing Briles, I would believe it due to past behavior.

Given the number of years CGP has been here, patience with the likes the two Caseys, morons with pot,etc., I tend to give GP and TCU benefit of the doubt based on their past treatment of players.

AddRan Clark

Given the number of years CGP has been here, patience with the likes the two Caseys, morons with pot,etc., I tend to give GP and TCU benefit of the doubt based on their past treatment of players.

This is what I'm wondering. If Gary was so negligible, why is Listenbee the first player to come out after all these years? Why would Gary put pressure on only one player to come back from injury, especially one that wasn't completely essential to the team? There's a lot that just doesn't add up.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This is what I'm wondering. If Gary was so negligible, why is Listenbee the first player to come out after all these years? Why would Gary put pressure on only one player to come back from injury, especially one that wasn't completely essential to the team? There's a lot that just doesn't add up.

I think there is a neglible chance there is any negligence.

Froglaw

Rewatching TCU v KState 2015 now.

Offense on the sidelines all of the first half. KL a nonfactor.

Josh Doctson show.

I hope K Listenbee recovers and has a great NFL career.

Eight

quick google check clears up why this law firms name sounded familiar to me.

this is the same law firm that filed a class action lawsuit against the san jacinto river authority over the controlled releases from lake conroe during hurricane harvey. having breakfast with a guy who has had dealings so that should make interesting talk over coffee.

Chongo94

this is the same law firm that filed a class action lawsuit against the san jacinto river authority over the controlled releases from lake conroe during hurricane harvey. having breakfast with a guy who has had dealings so that should make interesting talk over coffee.

So they sued the city (I mean the sjra) for damaging things in order to actually lessen the damage?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Dortch is an Aggie, so there is that...

Ron Swanson

So they sued the city for damaging things in order to actually lessen the damage?
I am completely on the side of the people who had to make those tough decisions to release water from reservoirs, which flooded thousands of peoples homes, in order to reduce the potential catostrophic losses if the levees had broken.

That being said, it doesn’t surprise me that people who had their houses flooded and lives uprooted would take issue with it and try to sue.

My mom was actually in a meeting with the head of the corps of engineers months before Harvey and she told me that he brought up the potential for this situation back then. He said that if those levees ever break it would make Katrina look small. It was a tough decision to make and I’m glad I wasn’t the guy who had to make the call... kinda like the movie “Outbreak” (but on a lesser scale obviously)

Chongo94

I am completely on the side of the people who had to make those tough decisions to release water from reservoirs, which flooded thousands of peoples homes, in order to reduce the potential catostrophic losses if the levees had broken.

That being said, it doesn’t surprise me that people who had their houses flooded and lives uprooted would take issue with it and try to sue.

My mom was actually in a meeting with the head of the corps of engineers months before Harvey and she told me that he brought up the potential for this situation back then. He said that if those levees ever break it would make Katrina look small. It was a tough decision to make and I’m glad I wasn’t the guy who had to make the call... kinda like the movie “Outbreak” (but on a lesser scale obviously)

Yeah I remember you telling us about that. Rough. I'm with you in that situation. I just feel like most people should consider or if not consider, at the very least, be able to see the greater good in a situation like that. Sadly, many people cannot.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I used to live off Memorial near Eldridge and I’m guessing our old house was flooded. I’m sure I would have been really upset, but I guess I time you have to know in the long run they really had no other option.

Purp

This sucks! I remember the play he was hurt on. He looked like he was in a lot of pain. It goes with the territory but you can always say no. I really like Kolby. It does suck that kids get hurt in this sport but it is a violent sport. Hope all parties come out ahead in this...
Can pretty well guarantee that everyone will lose in this deal except for the lawyers.

Latest posts