• The KillerFrogs

BJ Catalon tweet .....

Frog81

Hope BJ is on here and knows he has the support of a lot of people...

Had the privilege to meet BJ when he was working out after his last season; he is as nice a guy as you could possibly be and was so courteous and kind to an old man (me) asking about the Frogs. Nothing but the best for BJ, he makes you proud to be a Frog...

Limp Lizard

The sobering inevitability of critiquing one's life.....what it was, what it might have been.
Nearly all of my 'what might have been's' are due to my own decisions, not bad luck like Catalon's. Hopefully he can function OK...could not make that out from the piece: is he still having problems or just cannot play football anymore? Hopefully the latter.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Stories like this have made me re-evaluate my son's involvement in Football. Sad to hear he's struggling, but hope he knows he has support.

netty2424

Stories like this have made me re-evaluate my son's involvement in Football. Sad to hear he's struggling, but hope he knows he has support.
Had this conversation with a buddy yesterday. His son is in flag football now, but pads come next year. I asked if he was going to let him play and he said yes. He hasn't even questioned it as an option of not playing.

I have much more time to decide as mine is only 7mo but I'm leaning towards no if I had to decide today. Which is a tough decision because I played and love the sport as a fan now.

Who knows, the decision my be made for me by the time he's of age. Best of luck in your decision.

Surfrog

if anyone cares here's my vote: no contact till 7th or 8th grade. learn how to run, jump, catch, cut etc first, then hit.

Problem with peewee football- there are one or two good kids that get the ball the whole time, who then get hit the whole time, in a brain and skull which isn't fully developed and a soft helmet. At least in 7th and 8th grades, the neck is stronger, the helmets are full varsity helmets (or should be) and different kids are getting a chance at the ball, not 24 dive the whole time.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Had this conversation with a buddy yesterday. His son is in flag football now, but pads come next year. I asked if he was going to let him play and he said yes. He hasn't even questioned it as an option of not playing.

I have much more time to decide as mine is only 7mo but I'm leaning towards no if I had to decide today. Which is a tough decision because I played and love the sport as a fan now.

Who knows, the decision my be made for me by the time he's of age. Best of luck in your decision.
My son has one more year of flag before we have to make that decision, but then again by then he might decide Baseball is his sport and I won't have to worry about it.