• The KillerFrogs

OT - I need black boots.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Sounds expensive

My wife buys everything she wears from Target or Marshall’s or TJ Maxx.

I wish us men could do that... I’d look like a darning d-head if I shopped at Target

When I was in Beijing last May I stopped by the Silk Market and had some hand tailored suits and dress shirts made up. Turnaround time was a couple days, $130 for each suit. They should tide me over for a while.

Haggled for a few knock off designer handbags for the missus, that’s the closest we’ll get to any designer clothes ha. Darn paying a couple Gs for a bag.

Last edited:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
You don’t see them a lot in the US but the Australian boot maker RM Williams makes a great pair of boots. They are not your typical western style but they are comfortable and look great

Opintel

Moderators
Wow - lots of response to my query.

Maybe I'll holler at 'em over at Leddys next week, or so. Made for my feet, and with a little Horned Frog hidden somewhere.:)

PurplFrawg

Administrator
When I was in Beijing last May I stopped by the Silk Market and had some hand tailored suits and dress shirts made up.

Was it a pinstripe suit?
hqdefault.jpg

The best boots are the boots that fit. I have always been partial to the way Nocona boots fit my feet, especially the EE sizes . If you can afford custom made boots, go for it. My father and uncles used to get their dress boots custom made, but I have too many expensive hobbies for that luxury.

A stop at the Justin Factory Store just south of downtown FtW is a good place to start. They carry three major brands (Justin, Nocona, and Tony Llama) that all fit a little different and all have subtle differences. All three brands have some models that are USA made. Some are Mexican, but some of the best boots I have ever worn came from Mexico. I avoid Ariat and some of the other brands that are imported from China. Just a personal preference. Some people I know wont wear anything but Ariats.

I predict the next thread will be on toe styles. Do you prefer, pointed, round, or are you a new fangled square toed boot person.

Ron Swanson

The best boots are the boots that fit. I have always been partial to the way Nocona boots fit my feet, especially the EE sizes . If you can afford custom made boots, go for it. My father and uncles used to get their dress boots custom made, but I have too many expensive hobbies for that luxury.

A stop at the Justin Factory Store just south of downtown FtW is a good place to start. They carry three major brands (Justin, Nocona, and Tony Llama) that all fit a little different and all have subtle differences. All three brands have some models that are USA made. Some are Mexican, but some of the best boots I have ever worn came from Mexico. I avoid Ariat and some of the other brands that are imported from China. Just a personal preference. Some people I know wont wear anything but Ariats.

I predict the next thread will be on toe styles. Do you prefer, pointed, round, or are you a new fangled square toed boot person.
Ingot a pair of Ariats to wear as work/ranch boots. I am a size 13 for everything with the exception of Nike, which I’m a 14 in. I had to get Ariats in size 12, which I thought was strange.

They’re great though. Rubber sole and similar performance/feel to a Redwing Pecos, but they have a way better look to them.

LisaLT

I don’t get that last post Peacefrog lol.

These boots are made for walkin, that’s what they’re gonna do. Cause one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you ;)

Tom Brown

Ingot a pair of Ariats to wear as work/ranch boots. I am a size 13 for everything with the exception of Nike, which I’m a 14 in. I had to get Ariats in size 12, which I thought was strange.

They’re great though. Rubber sole and similar performance/feel to a Redwing Pecos, but they have a way better look to them.

I dont wear cowboy boots but i love the classic series of Red Wing and Wolverine.