• The KillerFrogs

Bowls Thread

Mean Purple

Will any of the folks at Texas be embarrassed about hermans behavior? I have literally never seen a coach at a major college do something so bush league on the sidleines.
The odd part of Herman mocking Lock is that Lock never did his "put on the jacket" bit to the Texas sideline or players from what I saw. It was too his own bench, which is common there days. Herman must be real insecure.
He'll go 7 the next two years and the the talk to fire him will pop up again.

DickBumpastache

I called it with Briles damn near a decade ago, because I'm from Central Texas and knew how terrible he was, but Herman is of the same ilk. He's a slimy piece of ship that will win more than Chollie did, but he won't make many friends around the state. He sucks as a person.

Above all, he’s just really weird. The Texas HS coaches will eventually reach their limit with him, especially compared to a guy like Jimbo.

Never thought I’d see UT grandstand over beating Mizzou to avoid another under .500 season. LOL

Peacefrog

Degenerate
They may end this season in the top 15.

Herman made it clear he's the new Briles at Big 12 media days last year.
Even Art Briles, as big of an ass as he is, wouldn't openly mock an opposing player on TV. He might be ok if someone raped the player but he has lines he won't cross.

Can you imagine GP or Saban or Meyer or Bear Bryant or (insert any coach with a bit of decorum here) doing what Herman did last night? All UT fans should be embarrassed. Instead I imagine they are beating their chests about winning the Obscurity Bowl. Very Baylor.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Can you imagine GP or Saban or Meyer or Bear Bryant or (insert any coach with a bit of decorum here) doing what Herman did last night?

Watching that, I was reminded of his predecessor, Darrell Royal. Daddy D told the player who was celebrating a TD to the extreme, "If you ever get there again, act like you've been there before." Royal could be an ass, but he was spot on when it came to acting stupid on the sidelines.

Limey Frog

It's not a great look for a head coach to be mocking an opposing player, but it's hard to blame Herman for enjoying the moment.

Is it hard? No UT head football coach should be visibly reveling in a 7-6 season under any circumstances, ever; especially not when he does so by responding in a pretty fashion to the gestures of a 21-year-old opposing player.

There, I just did it.

MinFrog

I was looking at UTs schedule and they better hope they beat Maryland on the road, or else they may not be bowl eligible. They lose a ton of good defenders and their offense is so damn lost. Sam E is a pretty good QB, but they return most of that offense less a few of the older OL that are opting to move on rather than play for that douch nozzle of a coach.

Hell, I may even root for Baylor to beat them next year.