• The KillerFrogs

RIP - Dick Enberg

Pharm Frog

Dick Enberg, 82, found dead at his Southern California home, family says

Dick Enberg, a legendary sports broadcaster who worked on hundreds of sporting events from the Super Bowl to the Olympics, was found dead Thursday at his Southern California home.

Enberg’s daughter, Nicole, told the Associated Press that her family became concerned when he didn’t arrive on his flight to Boston earlier Thursday. He was found dead at his home in La Jolla, a San Diego neighborhood, with his bags packed.

The family said it believes he may have died of a heart attack, but were still awaiting official word.

MTfrog5

Unbelievable that amount of high profile games he had done over the years. Sportscenter said he called 9 Super Bowls, 9 Rose Bowls, and 13 no-hitters. Also had no idea he was on the call when Payne Stewart won the US Open against Phil. RIP

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Dick Enberg, 82, found dead at his Southern California home, family says

Dick Enberg, a legendary sports broadcaster who worked on hundreds of sporting events from the Super Bowl to the Olympics, was found dead Thursday at his Southern California home.

Enberg’s daughter, Nicole, told the Associated Press that her family became concerned when he didn’t arrive on his flight to Boston earlier Thursday. He was found dead at his home in La Jolla, a San Diego neighborhood, with his bags packed.

The family said it believes he may have died of a heart attack, but were still awaiting official word.

I always thought he was a classy guy and smooth announcer.

The way things are going he’ll probably get accused of grazing someone’s thigh.

Heardler

So sad... As a lifetime Charger fan we were blessed to have him call those games all those years. A truly class guy in all respects.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
How did this not change to schwanz. It’s this kind of juvenile double entendres that gets us mature cussers in trouble with the word cops...
Because I have been changing over the filters but I also allowed spotted dick, foolishly thinking that maybe, just maybe, people might have some restraint.

Aside from that, this post was announcing the death of someone and death is an event that I take seriously and with dignity.

To throw out a cheap attempt at high school humor for something like this, just sticks in my craw

frogs9497

Because I have been changing over the filters but I also allowed spotted dick, foolishly thinking that maybe, just maybe, people might have some restraint.

Aside from that, this post was announcing the death of someone and death is an event that I take seriously and with dignity.

To throw out a cheap attempt at high school humor for something like this, just sticks in my craw

Sorry Wes, I will delete it. It was just a spoof of The Ticket. Certainly no offense intended.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Didn’t intend this to be critical. In a bad attempt at irony I was agreeing with. I think I’ll just quit while I am behind.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Didn’t intend this to be critical. In a bad attempt at irony I was agreeing with you. I think I’ll just quit while I am behind.