• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Todd McShay NFL mock draft 1.0

Wexahu

Well I didn't want to say anything worse than that because we have some Baker fans here. I just don't think he is the next coming of a Russell Wilson. I could see him on the same path as a Case Keenum.

I don't know what he's going to ultimately be, some of that will depend on what team drafts him, how they are able to build around him, whether there is any stability in the organization, whether he can stay healthy, etc. I just think he's a pretty good prospect who is worthy of being a high pick.

jake102

I think the comparisons to Manziel are kind of absurd. JM was an idiot who didn't really care to work that hard, even in college. You can tell BM puts in the work and takes being a QB seriously, he's just annoying as heck as a person.

Why so absurd?

They are identical height, very similar arm strength and accuracy, Manziel a little more athletic, Mayfield is more polished.

I certainly think Mayfield is a better prospect than Manziel, but there are quite a few similarities.

Moose Stuff

Why so absurd?

They are identical height, very similar arm strength and accuracy, Manziel a little more athletic, Mayfield is more polished.

I certainly think Mayfield is a better prospect than Manziel, but there are quite a few similarities.

Biggest difference IMO is Johnny didn’t give one scheiss about being a good NFL QB. All he wanted to do was have fun.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Why so absurd?

You think their play is similar? To me Baker is pocket passer and Johnny is a dual threat qb. The height is the only thing that makes me think they are the same type player. Just as I think Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are two different type of players. BM is more Brees. JM is more Wilson

Zubaz

Why so absurd?

Their work ethic appears to be night and day. Baker is a jerk, but he's driven. He wants to be the best and he'll do what it takes to get there, or at least give everything he has in failure. All of his jerk moves come from that insecurity / drive to be the best.

Everything we saw from Manziel from day one was the exact opposite. He lived on natural talent that allowed him to lead a BMOC personality. That was accepted because he could dominate against substandard competition, but when he got to the next level he washed out almost immediately, at which point nobody was willing to put up with his BS anymore.

MAcFroggy

Banogu is all over the draft boards. I assume he will get an evaluation from the NFL to see what round he is projected to be drafted. If it is rounds 1-2, then I think he almost has to leave early. There is just too much money in those rounds (especially 1st) to risk playing in college for another year. Hope he stays, but I will excited to see him get drafted early.

froginmn

I could see him on the same path as a Case Keenum.
Super Bowl starter?

HeavenlyWickedGuineapig-size_restricted.gif