• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Well, the Big 12 Championship game didn't hurt the regular season champion this year. It just took the 2nd place team out of a NY6 bowl. No way that Washington jumps the Frogs without it. Guess they never considered that. Good Job, Big 12
Said second place team took itsownself out of NY6 consideration without much need for any help from the conference as a whole.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Yes, that's obviously their conclusion. My point is that it's a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty conclusion which can't be justified.

Some things to consider:

Last two seasons, the Big 10 has gotten 6 teams combined into the NY6. Big 12 has gotten two. Are we really supposed to believe that the Big 10 is THAT much better than the Big 12?

TCU is the lowest ranked 10 win team in the P5. There is an AAC team ahead of us as well as a 9-3 team and a 9-4 team who also just lost yesterday against a much lower ranked opponent than we did. This is despite playing 6 road games against P5 teams and one neutral site game. Other than WVU, ALL of our toughest opponents were on the road.

TCU played a common opponent as USC, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio St and played as well or better against those common opponents. TCU also played as well or better than Oklahoma against all of our conference opponents except WVU.

TCU was ranked #6 going into the first OU game. 2 losses against the #2 team (neither game at home) then resulted in a 9 spot drop. I understand the losses were bad but Auburn, Ohio St, USC, Stanford, Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Miami all suffered at least one blowout loss as well and all of them came against worse teams than Oklahoma.

TCU is now the lowest ranked 11 win P5 team ever in any committee rankings (2014) and the lowest ranked 10 win P5 team ever in any committee rankings (2017).

It's incredibly hard to argue that TCU is being treated fairly by the playoff committee.

Did you actually watch how effectively we performed, and with what effort we appeared to play, and how adroitly we were coached throughout the Conference Championship game? I submit that any team that leaves that bad a taste in the collective mouths of any objective viewers as the last sensation of the season, has no room to cry "foul" when actions have their consequences. While hidden agendas may well exist, this is definitely not the season to be pointing fingers.

Despite my criticism , I just bought four tickets to the Alamo Bowl and will be front and center to support my team.

Last edited:

Stanfordebate

Point of fact Stanford does not have a Mascot the tree is part of the band. The Stanford Cardinal is not a bird either it is the color red they wear. The tree symbol is on the town logo where the school is located and it represents a California Redwood Tree. Not sure if that is called a Seqoua or not. Can't spell it either.

DING, Ding, ding...

(Trees and frogs get along in the forest :)

Ron Swanson

DING, Ding, ding...

(Trees and frogs get along in the forest :)
Our mascot is incorrectly named. It’s really the Texas Horned Lizard and lives in more desert-like environments.

And it normally goes by the name “horny toad”. Not sure why we call it a Horned Frog, I guess they were commonly called horned frogs back when we named the mascot. Now no one calls them horned frogs except when referring to our mascot.

I realize you were just making an innocuous comment and not wanting a taxonomic discussion, but figured I would throw my two cents in.

TCURiggs

Our mascot is incorrectly named. It’s really the Texas Horned Lizard and lives in more desert-like environments.

And it normally goes by the name “horny toad”. Not sure why we call it a Horned Frog, I guess they were commonly called horned frogs back when we named the mascot. Now no one calls them horned frogs except when referring to our mascot.

I realize you were just making an innocuous comment and not wanting a taxonomic discussion, but figured I would throw my two cents in.

giphy.gif

Moose Stuff

^^^^ trying to impress the Stanford guy.

Stanfordebate

You are absolutely correct. I used to live in Southern California and I also soent time in the South West...I remember playing w/ant lions and horny roads so my little joke at the end was not as funny in reality as it seemed in my head at the moment I wrote it.

Touche’ good sir!

Froginbedford

SIAP but Stanford was one of the first, if not the first, to drop the mascot name "Indians" for a more environmentally friendly and politically correct sequoia tree logo....

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Delta State has some pretty funny Fighting Okra videos on YouTube - check em out

I’d like to explore the option to have The Fighting Okra simulate a few of his famous videos as guest Moderator Enforcement on some of our KFC posters who can’t fathom or follow our simple site rules. I think The Fighting Okra would make the appropriate “impression.”

Endless Purple

Well, the CA schools made a pact so we play them every year and never miss USC or UCLA. We also have a standing home and home w/ND so I don’t believe there to be issues w/Stanford’s SOS.

Your current commissioner used to be our AD btw; the PAC almost did not expand to 12 teams because we/wanted the full round robin but ultimately the Powers that be felt forced to do so because of the advent and popularity of the Conf Championship games other leagues adopted.
The Pac has some of the best schedules IMO because they do not shy away from good OOC games.

Long Time Lurker

Any suggestions for parking? Staying at the Marriott River Walk might be close enough to walk but will probably drive over. Parking lot B seems to be pretty cheap. Is there any reason i wouldn't want to park in lot B? Thanks