• The KillerFrogs

Texas hired CDC

Frostie

Gary provided CDC the avenue to build what TCU athletics is today.

CDC left it in great shape, quite possible the best it has ever been. He left the tools to win a national championship in the 3 major men’s sports.(he extended Patterson before leaving)

It’s far from the end of the world. Stay calm.
Gary provided CDC the avenue to build what TCU athletics is today.

CDC left it in great shape, quite possible the best it has ever been. He left the tools to win a national championship in the 3 major men’s sports.(he extended Patterson before leaving)

It’s far from the end of the world. Stay calm.

Agree, he didn't hire Coach P nor did he hire Schlossnagle and Dixon wanted to come home. Almost all the changes he has received credit for were in play via the Barnett Shale way before his arrival. Best of luck to him, but this does not hurt us, very easy to find someone who can glad-hand the rich alumni.

Someone may have already stated all this, but I am not gong to look through 15 pages to find it.

NewFrogFan

For those of you that never met Danny Morrison, you missed an opportunity. I will never forget seeing DM walking through the tailgate lots meeting fans he had never seen before. He was the kind of guy that when you finished speaking with him you just wanted to say "how much money you need again"? When CDC first got here we had an issue with the crowd next door to us, I sent CDC an email, he called, withing minutes........he took care of the problem.
I told him then what Morrison did every week...........he started doing the same. I have had several interactions with him over the years and he responded EVERYTIME........within minutes, almost always with a phone call. He addressed multiple issues with the new company doing parking lot security this year.

I see this new job as a better opportunity for himself and family. He did us "good". I hope they find a Morrison or a CDC, they can keep the Eric Hymans. Davis Babb is my first choice but I think he is "home" at Clemson. If they stay inside, Mike Sinquefield will be an AD one day.

TCURiggs

He left TCU poised for decades of success and I always thought he might eventually leave just hoped it wouldnt be a conference instate rival. I'm sure he'll be wildly successful there as well.

Just caught up on this whole thread and it didn't disappoint. I internet-know most of you people too well... cds being a prime example.

He went from his usual knee-jerk "damn him to hell!" type of post, to calming way down a few hours later. Lol.

netty2424

Kind of feel like the realignment talk is something of the past. Has TCU not built its brand/programs to the point we kind of have to be included in whatever 'realignment' might take place in 6-7 years? No idea, just seems like when you're competing for conference championships and playoffs fairly regularly, you'd be included to help elevate the quality of the product. TCU has proven it can do that.

ECoastFrog

Kind of feel like the realignment talk is something of the past. Has TCU not built its brand/programs to the point we kind of have to be included in whatever 'realignment' might take place in 6-7 years? No idea, just seems like when you're competing for conference championships and playoffs fairly regularly, you'd be included to help elevate the quality of the product. TCU has proven it can do that.

Yeah, I was gonna say... leave TCU out of a big conference with our success over the past multiple years in FB and baseball, and with probable upcoming success in basketball? Sure we want to position ourselves for the realignment, but hey, just keep winning!!! CDC had a dream job at TCU. Good luck to him at UT. I don't understand why anyone would want to work in that political morass.

GO FROGS!! BEAT STANFORD!!!

TCURiggs

Yeah, I was gonna say... leave TCU out of a big conference with our success over the past multiple years in FB and baseball, and with probable upcoming success in basketball? Sure we want to position ourselves for the realignment, but hey, just keep winning!!! CDC had a dream job at TCU. Good luck to him at UT. I don't understand why anyone would want to work in that political morass.

GO FROGS!! BEAT STANFORD!!!

asleep003

The Pac 12 is going to need a few teams in the Central Time Zone to give themselves more exposure with games the AP and general viewership can see. And they'll definitely want 2 from Texas. So we take care of biz, we'll be fine.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
Tough day, lost Del Conte and BM wins the Heisman.
But haven’t we known that Baker was gonna win the Heisman for about a month now? Since he beat TCU the first time it was pretty much inevitable. And CDC going to Texas sucks but mostly just because he went to Texas. TCU is in a great place. And as I said earlier if he doesn’t want to be here then we really don’t want him