• The KillerFrogs

Texas hired CDC

Christcu

Honestly this is awful. I’m happy for what he’s done for TCU, but this makes the future much less certain. What happens to the stadium expansion without him as fundraiser? What happens to TCU without him guiding us through the next round of realignment?

No mistake, CDC is why we are where we are today. Hiring Dixon, getting us into the B12, spearheading major facilities upgrades without incurring debt ... if we make the wrong AD hire, we could easily be in for a dark time.
Tap the brakes... we'll be fine.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
5ngJzwU.gif
Damn. Was going to post the exact same gif.

Christcu

I was with you until the above statement, which is a little over the top. Del Conte advanced the ball quite a bit during his tenure, but so did Morrison and Hyman before him. In fact, when Morrison left, we were in good enough shape that Del Conte jumped at the TCU job and considered it a major step up in his career.

CDC was a major factor in raising money for the stadium rebuild, the basketball arena rebuild, and he hired Jaime Dixon. He did not hire Gary Patterson or Jim Schossnagel. And the factors that propelled TCU into the Rose Bowl in 2010 were already in place when CDC arrived in 2009. That wasn't his accomplishment.

Del Conte is definitely one of the reasons we are where we are today. He isn't THE reason. Get a little perspective.
Who was his hires. .how did they do? Impressed?

Christcu

Thoughts...

Has anyone heard from Maniac?

When the new AD is introduced someone needs to be on Maniac detail. We don't want him to creep out the new guy like the weirds down in College Sation did.

Speaking of said weirds...I feel like this is a bigger homerun hire for UT than the hiring of Jimbo was. They would absolutely love to have CDC running their athletic program.

Someone mentioned Jeff Long. As much as an idiot I thought he was as leader of the Committee, I was blown away at the facilities up in Fayetteville, of which he is credited tremendously. The baseball, soccer and track facilities are first class. Absolutely top-notch. May not have made a good hire for FB coach but he obviously did something right and no doubt has very valuable relationships and contacts.

Re: Reid...my contempt for how he played up the Rangers/hurricane thing aside, what connection to intercollegiate athletics does he have? I'm not a fan of bringing someone from outside the scope of NCAA policies/procedures/interworkings to run an athletic department. He obviously can run a business and that's a plus but I'd like to have someone more connected to the task at hand.
Did Jeff Longs son play baseball at TCU?

Brog

CDC has done much for TCU, but TCU has also done much for CDC, and it hurts that he chooses to move just as we start trying to raise the $100,000,000 for the east side stadium reno. Couldn't have waited five months, maybe? And again, really admire CDC but can't help but understand the feeling of the person who commented on the Star Telegram story this afternoon in this way:

Love Del Conte, but hope he meets with nothing but failure in working with the pompous UT folks. 0-12 football, 0-32 basketball, 0-44 baseball. Here's wishing you the very worst, DC.

CDC has done much for TCU, but TCU has also done much for CDC, and it hurts that he chooses to move just as we start trying to raise the $100,000,000 for the east side stadium reno. Couldn't have waited five months, maybe? And again, really admire CDC but can't help but understand the feeling of the person who commented on the Star Telegram story this afternoon in this way:

Love Del Conte, but hope he meets with nothing but failure in working with the pompous UT folks. 0-12 football, 0-32 basketball, 0-44 baseball. Here's wishing you the very worst, DC.

If you wish someone meets "nothing but failure" you clearly don't "love" them - tasteless comment.

netty2424

Good grief man. What an embarrassing post.

And who will you be cheering for next fall when TCU meets Del Conte's Longhorns? Will you be wishing him failure?

No. I'll root for TCU, not UT.

Rooting for one to succeed and then another to fail are mutually exclusive. Even so, I certainly won't wish him to go 0-for in his career. That's just childish.

Chico Dusty

It’s like when a girl breaks up with one of my good buddies - she’s dead to me. I have no ill wishes, we had some good times, but they don’t play for the home team anymore.