• The KillerFrogs

Texas hired CDC

TX_Krötenechse

Honestly this is awful. I’m happy for what he’s done for TCU, but this makes the future much less certain. What happens to the stadium expansion without him as fundraiser? What happens to TCU without him guiding us through the next round of realignment?

No mistake, CDC is why we are where we are today. Hiring Dixon, getting us into the B12, spearheading major facilities upgrades without incurring debt ... if we make the wrong AD hire, we could easily be in for a dark time.

TCUdirtbag

Very little left for him to accomplish at TCU when you think about it.

Tip 20 in football, basketball and baseball. No major coaching hires on the horizon. No major facility needs in the major sports. He’s left us at a great place to find a new AD.

We need another salesman/politician like CDC to work the room at Big 12 AD meetings and with the athletics world, media works and donors. The next hire is about sustaining, fundraising and getting TCU through the mid-2020s realignment/media rights deals with a home in a Power league.

Moose Stuff

I wouldn't be surprised if he followed this thread on his old job approval website. When I've talked to him and heard him speak in the past it was clear he was aware of specific things posted here. I can see him being curious and peeking in right now.

I think it's noteworthy that 3 people posted his tweet and not a single person has liked either of those 3 posts. I think we unanimously feel like we took a shot to the nuts. I, however, think we're positioned very well to attract an excellent candidate. The same people who hired CDC are still in place to hire our next AD and the job is infinitely more attractive now than it was then. I think we'll be fine.

I'm curious to know whether or not CGP, CJS, or CJD will be involved in any of the interviews. From a fan's perspective I'd think they should be.

Bottom part of paragraph 2 is a big key IMO.

JimSwinkLives!

Meh. CDC was a home-run hire in 2009, and he's a home-run hire for Texas, which speaks volumes for the man. I'll always be appreciative for what CDC has done over the past 8 years, although I've always felt it's a dick move to go to a conference rival, but whatever. I wish him no ill will and if he believes this is the best move for him and his family then far be it for me to take issue with it.

Is CDC an amazing AD? Yep. Will he change the culture of entitlement, snobbery, and pettiness that permeates UT, its athletic programs, and fan base? Nope. And his now being their AD doesn't lesson my hatred of UT in the slightest.

TCU will be just fine. We'll find the right person as there will be lots of interest from talented administrators all across the country. So eyes up, Keep climbing.

Moose Stuff

Honestly this is awful. I’m happy for what he’s done for TCU, but this makes the future much less certain. What happens to the stadium expansion without him as fundraiser? What happens to TCU without him guiding us through the next round of realignment?

No mistake, CDC is why we are where we are today. Hiring Dixon, getting us into the B12, spearheading major facilities upgrades without incurring debt ... if we make the wrong AD hire, we could easily be in for a dark time.

You seem like an optimist. I’d argue that the reason we’re where we are today is still working for TCU .

TX_Krötenechse

You seem like an optimist. I’d argue that the reason we’re where we are today is still working for TCU .
I certainly hope so. But being left out of future realignment has been a worry since we moved up, and CDC was, IMO, the best person to guide us through. A good hire and we can be ok, but there are a lot of bad ADs out there

Chongo94

Don't worry guys. I've already submitted my application. We'll be in good hands.

59c56480a3e85.image.gif

Zubaz

I certainly hope so. But being left out of future realignment has been a worry since we moved up, and CDC was, IMO, the best person to guide us through. A good hire and we can be ok, but there are a lot of bad ADs out there
Like it or not, the next round of realignment will be dictated by OU and Texas, not TCU. CDC can help TCU just as much as the one making that decision in Austin as opposed to being the one to react to that decision in Fort Worth.

CountryFrog

The CDC tweet says he will be Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics at Texas. Maybe it's just my ignorance to the current market place, but I've never heard of this title before at a school. That sounds like even more than just an AD, or at the very least a title that allows for more compensation beyond what a standard AD title would demand.

Moose Stuff

The CDC tweet says he will be Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics at Texas. Maybe it's just my ignorance to the current market place, but I've never heard of this title before at a school. That sounds like even more than just an AD, or at the very least a title that allows for more compensation beyond what a standard AD title would demand.

I would assume they are gonna pay him a [ Finebaum ]load of money.