• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield will be an NFL bust

Pharm Frog

Someone go to the OU message boards and be the diplomat to let them know this clown does not represent our fanbase, please. I'm sure they are labeling him and his journalism (or lack there of) as "TCU."

No. And who cares what they think? Still have no idea why anyone ever cares about what some other team's fanbase thinks, feels, or says.

froglash88

DNR
WNR

Except for headline and everyone’s posts.

I hope he figures it out (life in general), wins the national championship and goes on to have a great NFL career.

Go Frogs! Go OU!

frog-hat

Patriots draft him
Humbly understudies Brady for 3 years
Leads NE to multiple Super Bowls in the 2020's
Hall of Fame NFL career
Save this post

tetonfrog

This is another example of why the ST is dying. They bash one of their main advertising clients? Who else has taken a full-page ad in the ST this year? What's next? The gossip columnist bashing Hulen Mall?

ShreveFrog

Maybe if GP had signed BM he’d be a better young man.

That said, he has the accuracy of a Drew Brees and the fire of a Brett Favre. Slightly smaller than both. I really would not bet against him, but it depends on the landing spot.

cdsfrog

What a [ the old ricardo ] sucker Engel is. I despise BM as much as the next guy, but to publish this article is as much of a personal attack on a person as I have ever seen. Goes as far as calling him a "punk."

Not saying he wrong, just saying what a [ ricardo ] for putting it into publication as a "professional" journalist.

All true but I understand with the assessment. If anyone deserves to fail in life its Mayfield.

Hopefully he stops being such a childish [ Arschloch], becomes a decent human being, not the scumbag that he is now. Then maybe people will root for him.

Last edited:

HG73

BM's speed helps him a lot in college. In the NFL, he won't get faster but everyone else will. One little ding to a knee or ankle and half his game is gone. See Robert Griffin.

LSU Game Attendee

Unfortunately, they're going to think he's a TCU homer, sore loser.
This is Engle's intent, second to almighty clicks.

If Mac really wanted to discover something, he would have tried to contact some of BM's old Texas Tech teammates. If those guys thought he was ok in the locker room under some adverse conditions (not winning every game) I wouldn't be too worried about him as a teammate in the NFL.

Last edited:

froginaustin

I’ve se n nothing in Mayfield’s career to indicate he will be an NFL bust. He may be but the evidence says otherwise

Bakesale is bigger than Drew Brees. No reason to think his size will keep him from doing well as a pro.

Although his personality might. For his sake, and for the sake of the fans of the team that signs him, I hope that he can keep his performance art off the field and away from football-related events such as press conferences.

ED: did not, and will not, click Engle's work.

ShreveFrog

Brees is listed at 6'0", 209. Looks about right.
Mayfield is listed at 6'1", 220 at OU. Anyone really believe that?

Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11", 206. Also looks about right. But Mayfield doesn't even look that big to me.

Agree that size may not hurt Mayfield in NFL. But to say he's bigger than Brees? I don't think so.

Chico Dusty

Brees is listed at 6'0", 209. Looks about right.
Mayfield is listed at 6'1", 220 at OU. Anyone really believe that?

Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11", 206. Also looks about right. But Mayfield doesn't even look that big to me.

Agree that size may not hurt Mayfield in NFL. But to say he's bigger than Brees? I don't think so.
Yeah, no way he is 6’1”. He looks about 5’10” to me

Chongo94

Hell I'd pick Uncle Rico over the tool of a human being you have as a QB. Great stats, no doubt....but I'd rather my school not be associated with someone of his ilk. Same thing with Cam Newton if he were still in college.

Some people value respectfulness, humbleness, and decency over passing efficiency. I realize human decency may be a foreign concept to OU fans given the payers the school has had over the past 40 years.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Q4ciaDF.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize you guys would rather have Kenny Hill than one of the greatest college quarterbacks to ever play the game. A guy that beat his own record for efficiency. A guy that will win the Heisman this year, bit will join elite company as one of the very few to finish in the top 4 three times. I didn't realize that grabbing his nuts and saying F you would cause some of you to do an about face and pick TRILL Hill over him.

My mistake...Seriously.

I dunno, do we also get his dominant offensive line, his first round TE, Anderson and one of his two top pick WRs as well?

Thinking Mayfield did it all himself is hilarious, and believing Frog fans want a [ profanity ] like him leading our team is gut busing hilarious.